Sign in to follow this  

Smug Mug photo Questions

Hey Guys

Any one out there have a Smug Mug account?

I am thinking of getting one but had a few questions about it.

If you do, and you have a few minutes, could you please give me a call.

Thanks

Dave

503-706-4487

"This pic DOES NOT do this hill justice. I can't imagine any stock bike making it up this hill. I marked the waypoint "Suicide Hill".

This is from one of your pictures. That hill looks awsome, just gotta giver alittle. Looks like some loose rock but for sure do able.

I use smugmug and have been very pleased. If you sign up, be sure to use a promo code from someone, it will save BOTH of us some dough. You can use a coupon code or their email address.

I use smugmug and have been very pleased. If you sign up, be sure to use a promo code from someone, it will save BOTH of us some dough. You can use a coupon code or their email address.

Yeah, what he said. :thumbsup:

Hey Guys

Any one out there have a Smug Mug account?

I am thinking of getting one but had a few questions about it.

If you do, and you have a few minutes, could you please give me a call.

Thanks

Dave

503-706-4487

You can get the same thing for free in the Jones Creek gallery, just register in the gallery and the system creates you a folder in the members section.

Joe......

http://www.jctra.org/gallery/main.php

"This pic DOES NOT do this hill justice. I can't imagine any stock bike making it up this hill. I marked the waypoint "Suicide Hill".

This is from one of your pictures. That hill looks awsome, just gotta giver alittle. Looks like some loose rock but for sure do able.

Don't mean to hijack the thread. I would have like to seen some one try this hill. :thumbsup:

http://dandxrman.smugmug.com/gallery/3792987_A53Kc#218806683

An expert rider on a big bore might make it up with a stock swingarm, but a "B" level rider on a wr 250 would probably flip over backwards. It was a serious hill. :eek:

I'm riding there again the last weekend in April.

later

danny

Don't mean to hijack the thread. I would have like to seen some one try this hill. :eek:

http://dandxrman.smugmug.com/gallery/3792987_A53Kc#218806683

An expert rider on a big bore might make it up with a stock swingarm, but a "B" level rider on a wr 250 would probably flip over backwards. It was a serious hill. :ride:

I'm riding there again the last weekend in April.

later

danny

:thumbsup:

That picture must be the wrong picture cause it looks like a walk in the park. I do know that pictures rarely show the true steepness of a hill but that picture just does not look that bad. Was the guy taking while up in a tree so as to make the incline almost look flat? :lol::D:ride:

There are several places that offer photo hosting like smugmug..

I have a free account with flickr that works great for me..

http://www.flickr.com

As for perspective.... pictures always seem to make the hills look easy..

This trail doesn't look tough,

2212678269_5740ee02d6.jpg?v=0

until you see how far the XR made it...

2213474408_0e039dcdd9.jpg?v=0

That picture must be the wrong picture cause it looks like a walk in the park. I do know that pictures rarely show the true steepness of a hill but that picture just does not look that bad. Was the guy taking while up in a tree so as to make the incline almost look flat? :ride::eek::lol:

So i'm not crazy then. If OMT says it looks like a cake walk then it should be doable :D Looks like a 2nd gear romp up with no problem. Man I need to ride.

Ok,

Thread topic first. I had a flickr for a while but used up all the space that they give for free. I figured that if I was going to pay money I wanted it to look and perform better and also be easier to manage. Smugmug is better in all 3 areas. The only issue I have with Smugmug is that it doesn't seem to be able to drop below one subcatergory in structure.

Now off topic:

That picture must be the wrong picture cause it looks like a walk in the park. I do know that pictures rarely show the true steepness of a hill but that picture just does not look that bad. Was the guy taking while up in a tree so as to make the incline almost look flat? :D:eek::ride:

I am going to post in the Rocky Mountain forum and see if anyone has done that hill. To get the whole hill in the pic I had to point the camera upward in the same angle as the hill. I estimate that hill to be 60 degrees for 150 ft.

later

danny

Ok,

Thread topic first. I had a flickr for a while but used up all the space that they give for free. I figured that if I was going to pay money I wanted it to look and perform better and also be easier to manage. Smugmug is better in all 3 areas. The only issue I have with Smugmug is that it doesn't seem to be able to drop below one subcatergory in structure.

danny

The JCTRA gallery has not limits at this time. I suppose if the hosting went off the hook I would have to cut things back but we are a long way off from that.

Joe.........