Sign in to follow this  

A question about pink slip on California Dual Registration.

I just got a CRF150F that is supposed to be dual registered. Everything is clean with the bike. It was plated before the deadline, the license was non-op. I paid the fees, got the pink in my name, with registration, and tags on my plate. It has a green sticker that's not due until '09. The guy (second owner) said when he took it to the DMV they said it wasn't dual registered right - and they did it "right". He said he had a second registration for the green sticker that he could not find. That was supposed to have some code for dual registration.

When I registered it, I asked if they had record of offroad registration, and they said no. I didn't press the point - I don't want to draw attention.

My question is: Is there another pink out there that does not have my name on it. Secondly, how should I ask without rocking the boat? I was just planning on waiting for the registration to come for the pink, but that's a ways away, and I'd like to clear it up now.

If anybody who has dual registration could tell me what their papers are like, I'd appreciate it.

By the way, I don't care for green sticker, I will just keep it as a straight up street registration.

Thanks,

Toby

The pink is the "Title"...you only get one of those. The registration slip is what you get two of with dual registration. That's the white paper that your tag comes stapled to. My WR426 and my son's WR250 are both dual registered. We have the registration for the plate and the registration for the green sticker. Keep both (or copies of both) with the bike to show the lice law enforcement officer when he asks...

I agree with Birdy, 1 Pink + 2 diff. registrations. I also think it is law or has been to keep a copy of Registration with the bike.

If you have the plate, reg. and pink why do you care? The plate can take you anywhere the green sticker can and more. Just be careful you have all the street stuff on it if you're riding in a CA OHV park (Gorman or El Mirage) they get a little testy if you don't.

I have 2 titles on my KTM, 1 for the plate and 1 for the green sticker. I will not be renewing the greens sticker as I see no benefits from it.

I have 2 titles on my KTM, 1 for the plate and 1 for the green sticker. I will not be renewing the greens sticker as I see no benefits from it.

A better bet might be to pay the non use fee on the green sticker registration. You are right that you may never need it, but if you were to let it lapse and just forget about it, the next owner might have to pony up the bucks for the back registration if he decides to only use it as a green sticker bike.

I wonder if thats my sons 150. I had it registered for a plate but never kitted it. There can't be that many of those rolling around here. Ithink the guy I sold it to was in Orange County, maybe Anaheim or Santa Ana.

The pink is the "Title"...you only get one of those. The registration slip is what you get two of with dual registration....

As usual the DMV has different ways of dual registration. I actualy have two pink slips for my dualsport. One for the plate and one for the green sticker along with two registrations. :thumbsup:

Go figure!!