Which of you are floaters?

And if you thought that I meant something else you must be sick people ?:eek:

I just picked up my Leatt and I am super pumped to get to ride with it! Anyways I was wondering who here used the straps or just let it float like it seems most pros do. Which do you prefer?

And if you thought that I meant something else you must be sick people :eek::D

I just picked up my Leatt and I am super pumped to get to ride with it! Anyways I was wondering who here used the straps or just let it float like it seems most pros do. Which do you prefer?

I must be a sick person b/c i thought you meant when I make a twosy:p

As for the Leatt question. I just ordered done, still on it's way, but I will be wearinig mine with the straps fastened. I would think that with it not strapped it would move around through corners, on jumps etc. and become a huge annoying pain in the a$$ ? that's my .02

Hmm...I don't know if most pros let it "float"...they might have a different and unseen way to secure them. Seems that if they're just running loose, they might not be that effective?? :eek:

Go with the straps...they're there for a reason. ?

So it seems most or all of you either use the straps or just wear a chest protector with it? I thought more people let em float. I know that KDub does...maybe I was losing my mind??

Just a quick ? though...I have adjusted my Leatt to where I think it fits well. Nice and comfortable but yet not too tight (medium with smallest spacer and the back piece as close as possible) and yet it seems like the brace rides too high on my neck. Now I'm not trying to gloat but I lift alot and my Traps are a little large...could this be my problem? My chin seems to hit the front of the brace more readily then my buddy who is a lot skinnier than I had doesn't have such a build. He belongs to those skinny folk types :eek: I also have the front member as low as it will go and there is only like 2 inches between my chin and it when my head is pointing straight forward.

Thanks guys:thumbsup:

im a floater.. i rode with the straps a few times but didnt like it.. i prefer it without straps. if fitted correctly in the event of the fall, the brace should fall back onto your shoulders..(hint on fitting- when you think you got the fit, hold the brace up, and let it go.. the brace should fall back onto your shoulders and settle in a comfortable postion. if it falls foward or backward then you need to adjust it agian, then repeat)

i also float when im using a under jersey chest protector. the straps just feel so constricting..

And if you thought that I meant something else you must be sick people ?:eek:

Grandson runs his with his chest protector, so we just "float" it. Otherwise, we'd use the strap.

all summer riding with it i ran the straps and no chest pro but after everyone started telling me i was asking for a footpeg or handlebar to the gut i decided i should start wearing a chest pro again so now i float it in my thor sentinel

Ya I think I'M just going to go with it like that...under the chest protector. I adjusted my Fox for it to fit...shoulder pads push it up a little but it's not bad. I may have to get another CP. Which is the best one to go with the Leatt other than the specifically made ones? I noticed alot of ppl run the Thor sentinal. Whys that? Just a good one or wut?