CR80 28mm? Keihin on bbr 120 manifold?

I have a 90's CR80 carb that was given to me and I was wondering about using it on my BBR 120 XR100 project bike. I am assuming that I may need the same intake adapter as used with the mikuni VM26? Can someone please tell me if an intake is available with the correct angle that will hose clamp to the non-flanged smaller style carbs and bolt to a stock XR100 head? Any help is greatly appreciated!! :thumbsup:

I had a 2 stroke carb on my 120 for a while and after changing every jet, needle, slide etc I went back to a 200X carb. I couldn't get it jetted properly. I think minifigphil had success with a yz 80 carb, but he may be more patient than me:)

But isnt the VM26 basically the same 2 stroke type carb that people like to run on a modified 100?

But isnt the VM26 basically the same 2 stroke type carb that people like to run on a modified 100?

Yes, I was using the VM26 and it was just more finicky to get jetted properly than a 200X carb. You have to change every piece in it to get it to work.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By Alex Wren
      I recently bought 1988 xr200r forks to go on my 2002 xr200r (got them revalved for my weight and riding style), and I only bought the fork tubes. As I was trying to put them on l, I realized that they do not fit in the triple clamps of the ‘02 xr. What do I do? Please help!
    • By Tanker01
      I have posted about this bike a few times already but I wanted to make one single post on all the modifications I am doing to it. I am attempting to do everything as cheap as possible without sacrificing preformance. Prices and links will be provided if possible. 
      Mods:
      DIY Rear suspension lift [1/4" steel plate]
      Filter screens removal 
      ATC 200x Carb [https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00AVYXOZS/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1]
      Airbox mods [not doing a pod, needs to be water resistant]
      Aftermarket CDI and Coil [https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00HG0EDGY/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1]
      DIY Frame cradle [available for purchase but I want to make my own]
      Misc Exhaust mods [none yet]
      Headlight [have one from an XR600R installed, not wired yet, need voltage regulator, have one that may work from XR600R]

I have another post about my progress on the rear end lift but I am going to be updating on that on this post now. I am working on designing a new shorter main link to lift the rear end in the cheapest way possible. Carb, CDI and coil are all ordered and on their way. Pictures will be posted regularly as I check items off the list. 

Some info on the bike. I traded a non-running incomplete parts XR600R for this bike and got it in a non-running condition. After some cleaning and adjusting I finally got it running. I grew up with one of these so I am excited to have one again. After some looking around online I have discovered there is a huge following of modifying and even racing this seemingly tame bike. Most of the parts I will be installing arent performance parts but simply replacements for the OEM parts that are now 28 years old and cheap and easy to replace. As I am currently in college most updates and work on the bike will be done on weekends. Any DIY parts I make will be run through FEA testing to validate strength and viability and have 3D models and engineering drawings available for anyone else to use to reproduce them [in college for mechanical engineering]. Most of the parts are simple but I like to practice good engineering. I also have a '85 XR600R that I will be working on at the same time as well as my '06 YZ250F race bike so if something goes wrong with either of the bigger bikes this project may be put on hold for a while. Nevertheless, I will continue to update anyone interested in this project and am open to any suggestions or advice from any of you thumper experts. 
    • By Alex Wren
      I got 2002 XR200R and I got ‘88 forks for it and they will not fit into the triple trees for they are too big. Do I need the triple trees off a ‘88 xr or is there something else going on with this.

P.S. I’ve checked part numbers and everything is correct.
    • By Tanker01
      Wanting to buy a TK link for my '89 XR100R. I have looked on the internet high and low for a used one so I don't have to shell out a ton of cash for a new one. If someone could help me out or point me in the right direction it would be greatly appreciated. 
    • By Tanker01
      So I just picked up a 1989 XR100R in awesome shape. I plan to use this as my pitbike/parts getter. I have done some looking around at cool mods people do to these bikes and the aussie lift has come up multiple times. I fully understand how the lift is done but I haven't seen anyone say how long it lasts or if it breaks eventually. Obviously the longevity of the lift mostly depends on the quality of the welds, but are there any inherent risks that come with doing this to the bike? I honestly just think it makes it look better and I also plan to put the front headlight and plate from an XR600R on it as well as a tool bag and a few other things, so my main goal is to make it look like a baby 600. I have had these bikes before and I love how they ride and how reliable they are, I'm just worried the aussie lift may cause me issues in the future. I do not plan to put different shocks on the bike and will not max out the rear lift as to not make the bike super squirrley or twitchy. Any insight would be appreciated and if anyone has documented the process of how they did their lift I would love to take a look!

(For those who do not know what an Aussie lift is: It is essentially relocating the bottom shock link mount slightly higher [most say no more than 11mm] so that the bike sits higher in the rear)

I will post pics of my bike as soon as I get a chance for those who would like to see.