Sign in to follow this  

Locking filler caps and replacement fuel taps for IMS 4.9G tank?

Can anyone recommend a locking filler cap for the 4.9g IMS tank? I know Acerbis do a locking one but wasn't sure whether all filler caps were of a standard diameter or not. The locking cap on my g/d's huge 28L military KLR tank works on the IMS so maybe any locking cap will do? I'm assuming locking caps are self venting so I can do away with the bit of plastic vent pipe?

The fuel tap that comes with the IMS tank is a fairly cheap looking bit of kit and doesn't have a vacuum line- are there any aftermarket fuel taps with a vaccum line that are of a slightly better quality? Has anyone noticed a difference in fuel economy going from the standard DR tank (with vacuum line) to using the IMS tank (without vacuum line)? Maybe is my imagination but I'm sure I'm going through more fuel with the IMS!

Can anyone recommend a locking filler cap for the 4.9g IMS tank? I know Acerbis do a locking one but wasn't sure whether all filler caps were of a standard diameter or not. The locking cap on my g/d's huge 28L military KLR tank works on the IMS so maybe any locking cap will do? I'm assuming locking caps are self venting so I can do away with the bit of plastic vent pipe?

The fuel tap that comes with the IMS tank is a fairly cheap looking bit of kit and doesn't have a vacuum line- are there any aftermarket fuel taps with a vaccum line that are of a slightly better quality? Has anyone noticed a difference in fuel economy going from the standard DR tank (with vacuum line) to using the IMS tank (without vacuum line)? Maybe is my imagination but I'm sure I'm going through more fuel with the IMS!

i don't know about a locking cap for the IMS but i didnt notice any difference in fuel mileage after the switch.

Thanks, think i was just doing too many miles in the city recently so it looked worse than it was. A new bike always takes a bit of getting used to.

i don't know about a locking cap for the IMS but i didnt notice any difference in fuel mileage after the switch.