Sign in to follow this  

04 RM250 vs 06 KX450F

I have been tinkering with the idea of going to a 2-stroke for reasons of simplicity; I do not ride much. I have a 06 kx450 and there is a guy who would trade me his clean 04 rm 250 plus $1300. This does not sound like that great of a deal for me, but I am considering it if the RM is a good bike. how would the bikes (besides the motor) be different? are the suspensions comparable? handling? I know my KX is not the best handling bike. any info on the bike would be great. I did not want a biased response so i thought this would be the right spot to post in.

i just like the much lighter feal while riding, over the kx. Also nothing turns beter than a rm. Much cheaper to maintain, more dependable i think. My uncle has a 07 kx450f, nice bike but not as nice as a rm in my opinion.

I have been tinkering with the idea of going to a 2-stroke for reasons of simplicity; I do not ride much. I have a 06 kx450 and there is a guy who would trade me his clean 04 rm 250 plus $1300. This does not sound like that great of a deal for me, but I am considering it if the RM is a good bike. how would the bikes (besides the motor) be different? are the suspensions comparable? handling? I know my KX is not the best handling bike. any info on the bike would be great. I did not want a biased response so i thought this would be the right spot to post in.

get the RM250, you would enjoy it most definitely compared to the 450F :eek:

better yet, look for a YZ250 :thumbsup:

RM250s turn and handle VERY good. That said, I have a YZ250 cause the motor is just better and their handling isn't that far behind the RM.

Add a flywheel weight, get a FMF Turbine Core 2 and a FMF Gnarly and you've got a forest legal tractor that won't stall. Change gearing depending on the terrain you ride.

If your trade doesn't work, sell your KX outright and then buy a bargain RM or YZ250. They're great bikes!

unless thats a factory RM 250 he's asking to much, i'd be wanting at least 1500 with that trade, if not more.

if you want a 2 stroke, sell your bike outright and go on the hunt for a good second hand 06/07 RM 250 or an 05 up YZ 250.

but i personally like the KXF450's, i've ridden a few and i thought they were quite nice to ride, i own an 08 RM 250.