Sign in to follow this  

Boots for big calves

Hey guys, been looking at getting boots for the summer. Problem is I fall into the "big calf" catagory of riders. My feet are 10s, that's not the problem, but I have 18.75" calves. I've tried on a few boots, but none will fit.

I've heared of the SiDi Crossfires, but those are over $450 or so. What suggestions do people have? I'll be really grateful!

I fall int the same boat as far as getting tboots to fit. Darn near went to the shorty boots to avoid the problem in the first place.I was just going to say the Gaerns fit me well with the big strap kit, but I wont.

The best part is the comfort. By far the best boot I have ever owned.

I'm much the same as you and wore a pair of tech 10 the other day and were a perfect fit

Fox F3s fit my 22 inch calfs fine. o far, they are comfy (after about 50 miles of fast desert riding for break in) and are holding up well.

I have same problem and some F3's fixed it for me. They are pretty comfortable now that they are broken in.

Fox F3s fit my 22 inch calfs fine. o far, they are comfy (after about 50 miles of fast desert riding for break in) and are holding up well.

What size boot do you wear?

I'm having trouble finding any that fit me at a size 10 and 20" calf.:thumbsup:

you can resort to a half boot, like a thor 50/50. I have a set which i love but i do prefer the extra supoort and protection of a full boot

I have Tech 3s and they are good for me, size 12 boot with ungodly large calfs and a shin/knee protector all fit.

Tech 6's with the straps out all the way work for me --- really good quality and a somewhat reasonable price.

I use The low top Tech 2's for the majority of my trail riding though - ultimate comfort, but at the cost of some protection