Sign in to follow this  

Pro Wheels

Well, I called Excel and they priced the special yellow excel rims for around 480.00 bucks. I've seen that Pro Wheels offers yellow rims for half the price. Does anyone know if their wheels are worth buying and also if their yellow matches excel's yellow or if it's close?

I had the yellow Pro-Wheels on my 05 and they do look pretty much the same as the Excels. The only bad thing was the quality of Pro-Wheel. The first rear rim they sent only had one hole pre-drilled for the rim lock or valve stem, I called Pro-Wheel and they said just to drill out the 2nd one, which I did. I also had a bad problem with spokes breaking on that rear wheel. I also bought a front Pro-Wheel for my KXF, which broke after 2 rides. Apparently they did not weld it very well where the seam in the wheel is and it broke clean. They did send me a new wheel, but I never put it on the bike. I don't really trust them.rmz2hs7.jpg.

man, those wheels look good on there- but from what u tell me, i would not ride on them- i have known people to buy pro wheel wheels and have had good luck out of them- when they would have told me to drill the hole iw ould have said no, u send me another wheel with it already drilled with a return label and i will send the old wheel- what would they have done if u would have messed up the wheel or something?

just always remember things like that you get what you pay for and there is a reason that they cost more.

Dude I have an 07 RMZ 450 "RC" edition, and I just used the "Moose Racing" rims ( Re branded I'm Sure )they were more than satisfactory and the install was all but a breeze . I have also beat the snot out of them with no problems. I changed the color to black and some of my plastic too. I know I should be shot for defacing an RC replica but I am no really into all that stuff .. I got a good deal on the ride. I ll post a pic later ..

Well, I called Excel and they priced the special yellow excel rims for around 480.00 bucks. I've seen that Pro Wheels offers yellow rims for half the price. Does anyone know if their wheels are worth buying and also if their yellow matches excel's yellow or if it's close?

From my own experience, I've had no problems for 2+ years. You just need to check your spokes after every ride/ every other. But if you need a better price for excel's, quick turn around, or a place to switch out your rims for Pro Wheels.

Try Troy @ http://www.wheellacing.com/

How you guy's like my new graphics/ etc ?????

Sandhillpic0308.jpg