Sign in to follow this  

Powder Coating Rims

i had a set powder coated. it came off. guy said he didnt get the rims cleaned good. my mechanic had his sons rims done the same time i did and they lasted good. i know many other guys who had theres powdercoated and it lasts. but for some reason mine peeled off

Anodizing is the only way to go. Costs about the same as powdercoating and much more durable. I paid 25/wheel for 65 rockwell hardcoated anodizing. And the look is much more attractive than powdercoating.

I just bought a set of warp 9 blue rims, they come ano'd. I can't wait to put those beauties on my blue beauty

What is the hardcoat rating, if they even are? I was considering getting excels but couldn't find the rating. My factory wheels were in decent shape so I just had them done. Can't beat it for the money and good durability.

my bike came stock with excel takasago's, warp 9 seems pretty nice, i looked at them at Chaparral Motorsports, I live in san bernardino county, and they seemed as good if not better than the excel takasago, but excel just came out with a new rim that is 15% stronger and a bit lighter, the A60 i believe.

but I have never had one lick of problem, and I have a magnet in my brain for big a$$ rocks. I'm so shocked my bike hasn't dented a rim yet.

my bike came stock with excel takasago's, warp 9 seems pretty nice, i looked at them at Chaparral Motorsports, I live in san bernardino county, and they seemed as good if not better than the excel takasago, but excel just came out with a new rim that is 15% stronger and a bit lighter, the A60 i believe.

but I have never had one lick of problem, and I have a magnet in my brain for big a$$ rocks. I'm so shocked my bike hasn't dented a rim yet.

Excel, Warp 9, Pro Wheel are all about the same quality IMO. I wasn't speaking for durability of the actual aluminum wheel itself, but for the anodizing durability.

OH, ok, anodizing makes aluminium much stronger, I think it pulls oxygen out or something, not too sure though. but during the hardening process the aluminium will be come pouress and absorb dye. it makes it alot harder. but depending on technique and materials, I don't know how deep the color goes, but if you take car of them, it should last a heck of along time. the ano on my paintball gun hasn't scratched, 'cept where the back block sled slide over the frame.