Sign in to follow this  

Supercross Why not double the track size for a daytona outdoor mx

since there are NO outdoor races in the south, why not double the track size at daytona and have a outdoor national. since the gainesville county comissioners will not allow gatorback to upgrade their facilities, daytona sx track is the only viable place to have one. it really stinks for us southerner's to only have 2 races all year (daytona and atlanta). With so many of the TOP riders living in florida (ferry, thomas, rc, bt, dm-on the border, js, etc etc), it only makes sense to me:applause:

They need to have one at Monster Mountain in Tallassee Alabama. Awesome track with great dirt and lots of elevation change. And its surrounded by open farm land so there will be places to park. Not far from Montgomery or Auburn so there will be hotels.

With DMG (NASCAR) buying AMA Pro Racing, expect to see more races in the south.

The weather is great down there, and their based in Florida.

since there are NO outdoor races in the south, why not double the track size at daytona and have a outdoor national. since the gainesville county comissioners will not allow gatorback to upgrade their facilities, daytona sx track is the only viable place to have one. it really stinks for us southerner's to only have 2 races all year (daytona and atlanta). With so many of the TOP riders living in florida (ferry, thomas, rc, bt, dm-on the border, js, etc etc), it only makes sense to me:applause:

In the contract that Live Nation has for the SX races it states that the AMA can not hold outdoor races in any venue that can seat more than 32,000.

Simple answer? Money! An AMA national MX won't bring enough money to make it worth opening Daytona Motor Speedway for just that race meet. Not to mention doubling the length would tear up even more of that infield. Sorry.

Oh yeah, DMG did not buy MX/SX. It's the only series not included in their buy-in.

Simple answer? Money! An AMA national MX won't bring enough money to make it worth opening Daytona Motor Speedway for just that race meet. Not to mention doubling the length would tear up even more of that infield. Sorry.

Oh yeah, DMG did not buy MX/SX. It's the only series not included in their buy-in.

I thought the only series not included was Supercross. I'm pretty sure that they bought MX.:thumbsup:

Daytona International Speedway also has very strict restrictions as to what areas of the infield can be used, so they can't really get any bigger than what the SX track already is. For example, they cannot even think about using the logo area of the infield...

They should just go back to the beach that's what I'm sayin....

And quitcher whinnin about not having enough local races. We only get 1 SX and 1 MX up here in WA and it's still 400mi round trip for Washougal.

They need to have one at Monster Mountain in Tallassee Alabama. Awesome track with great dirt and lots of elevation change. And its surrounded by open farm land so there will be places to park. Not far from Montgomery or Auburn so there will be hotels.

Um farmers farm that land you cant park on that.

Um farmers farm that land you cant park on that.

it all depends on what they are doing with it, much of it is actually used for livestock (cattle). Its possible that areas of it could be made available for enough money.

And quitcher whinnin about not having enough local races. We only get 1 SX and 1 MX up here in WA and it's still 400mi round trip for Washougal.

I'm with ya there Squid! Here Washougal is the local national, and it's over 500mi round trip.

I'm with ya there Squid! Here Washougal is the local national, and it's over 500mi round trip.

Yup, gonna be atleast a 400 mile trip for me. But I'm goin' for sure,

The closest national for us is 900 miles away, 1800 mile round trip.

Here in Va. we have NO nationals or supercross'. There's the Budd's Creek national in Maryland, and Steel City and High Point in Pennsylvania, but the closest Supercross I believe is in Georgia 3 states away. ALL of which take travel. Should I start on areas to ride locally?:thumbsup:

The closest national for us is 900 miles away, 1800 mile round trip.

Alright.... that's a long way..... you have my permission to whine about it.