Acerbis Handguards

Ron

I have a set of Rally Pros and love them. They sure save your hands and levers when you are racing through tight trails. I had to grind a groove in one of the hand guards to get the proper mounting position because it hit one of the bolts that holds the headlight assembly on. Also, I had to flip the front brake line upside down so that it curved up instead of down out of the brake reservoir in order to protect the reservoir with the hand guard. Once you get them mounted, they are great, up until that point they are a pain in the arse. ?

Just got back from the dealer. He has a set of Cycra Alloy probends (the Racer Pack). He gave me a price of $80. Anybody running these models? It's not the triple clamp design, it's the standard bar mounts.

Ron

Originally posted by RonO:

Just got back from the dealer. He has a set of Cycra Alloy probends (the Racer Pack). He gave me a price of $80. Anybody running these models? It's not the triple clamp design, it's the standard bar mounts.

Ron

T - Clamp setups are different and the way to go. Any clamp that attaches to the bar is suspect.

BTW...keep your bike upright and it don't matter near as much!!!!

Have fun, check the archives and keep thump'in.

I have the Rally Pro's and like them. I like the slightly lower profile of them compared to the other big bug deflectors. But, some buddies run the Cycra's and I would have got those if they were ONLY $80!!! Get the Cycra's...very nice. Did that include the plastic?? Have to agree, the triple clamp mount is the way to go if you can afford it.

If you run any type of pro-taper,fat bar or any other single bar you will take away the flex of the bar with triple clamp mounts, which is why you bought the bar(to flex). I'd run bar mounts.If you got a crossbar I'd run the triple clamp mount. Just my 2 cents. ?

Went ahead and bought the Cycra handguards. All the plastics and mounts came with the package. Only ran into one problem. The Bar end mounts are for aluminum bars not the mounts for factory steel bars. Since I plan on adding Renthals later, I just covered the bar end mounts with electrical tape then pounded them into the factory bars. Once everything is tightened these things are next to impossible to move. Now to try them out this weekend. ?

Also, received my Panoram today....

Too many toys, Not enough cash..............