Sign in to follow this  

LED turn signals: Moto LED vs DMP

There are a couple of choices for me on LED turn signals and I'd like some input from those who have used them both.

I can get these blunt arrows (designated 'F' on the catalog page) from TT:

http://shop.thumpertalk.com/catalogs/Western_Power_Sports_Offroad_2006/default.asp?p=514&s=2

Or the Moto LED 602's from Wheeling.

http://www.wheelingcyclesupply.com/shop?action=category&cat_id=72#1951

Either way I'm supporting a vendor I've had good experience with, so I don't have a loyalty angle to help me decide.

I like the look of clear lenses with my smoked Edge taillight, so that's my preferred color...but I prefer the blunt arrow shape to the long shape of the 602. The blunt arrow style 601 doesn't seem to be available in clear.

So basically if I get a good report on the "blunt arrow" DMP signals, then I'll get that...otherwise I have to choose between settling on shape or color.

I agree...I was just hoping to get some word on stuff like brightness, quality, and longevity between the two.

The purpose is solely for looks, but at the same time I don't want to end up with an inferior product.

I just ordered 4 Motoled 601's from Forest. They look just like the first ones you posted (Blunt Arrows).

i have the dmp blunt arrows there plenty bright and the fit and finish is good

Picture004-1.jpg

I just ordered 4 Motoled 601's from Forest. They look just like the first ones you posted (Blunt Arrows).

I've seen those and like the shape but they don't come in clear. I'm not a fan of amber and I like the contrast between the smoke tail and clear turns.

Picture004-1.jpg

Cool, that's what i wanted to see. Thanks.

I have the Edge with the smoke 602's. I love my set up.

I like that one too, was going to be my choice until I saw one with the shorter arrows, and I just prefer it that way. I'm just doing the rear end now, but when I get around to the front end I'm trying to decide between 602's and the Zeta signal handguards.

if i remember right the rear led blinkers wont work with the stock ones up front still

if i remember right the rear led blinkers wont work with the stock ones up front still

hmm, I was thinking they would work with the stock ones up front, and that you had to have a resistor or electronic flasher relay if you swapped ALL of them to LED.

Maybe I've misinterpreted???

Picture004-1.jpg

i really like these flashers. i also have the drc taillight. what color do the LEDs flash? also are they still available with the clear lens? they are different than these, right? http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com/2/10/212/26920/DPITEM/Dirt-Bike-Motocross-Turn-Signals-DMP-Short-Arrow-LED-Turn-Signal.aspx