Silencer Repacking - Quick Question - Pics!

The manual doesn't say anything about taking the rivets out, just the bolts, but I couldn't get it apart with only the bolts out... My buddy said I would need to drill out the rivets (and I've read this on TT), but I wanted to make sure before proceeding.

It's a stock 01 cr250r silencer

CIMG1081.jpg

Take out the bolts, its in there good so you might need to use a rubber mallet to smack it off, I didnt have to drill out the rivets. Also how is your project coming along?

Thanks you were right!

Take out the bolts, its in there good so you might need to use a rubber mallet to smack it off, I didnt have to drill out the rivets. Also how is your project coming along?

same thing on my bro's KX and my friends CR. You might need a mallet and sometimes a screw driver to pry the metal away a little.

DO NOT drill out rivets on your CR silencer. Whack the largest frame mount tab with a good size rubber mallet while holding the narrow pipe in your hand. It will pop right off. You need to break the silicone bead around the can and body of the silencer.

Got it out, repacked and back together!

CIMG1085.jpg

CIMG1086.jpg

CIMG1088.jpg

DO NOT drill out rivets on your CR silencer. Whack the largest frame mount tab with a good size rubber mallet while holding the narrow pipe in your hand. It will pop right off. You need to break the silicone bead around the can and body of the silencer.
And of course don't forget to put on a new layer when putting it back on.