2007 ktm 250 sxf VS. 2005 rmz 450

I ride a 2007 ktm 250 sxf that is completely stock besides suspension, and my friend rides a stock 2005 rmz 450. I weigh about 155 with gear and my friend weighs a good 215 with gear. I already know I'd kill him on a track but i was just curious who you guys think would win in a good drag race if we were to really open the bikes up.

ktm no doubt, i really think ktm is lying to us saying its a 250f, feels like WAYYY MORE, my honda feels like nothing when i ride it, and the ktm pulls me back like crazy

You have to be joking? More engine displacement translates to more power 99.99999% of the time (except in smokers with strokers). You guys might be together in the first 2 or 3 gears if you are a really good rider, but after that he will be gone. :thumbsup:

You have to be joking? More engine displacement translates to more power 99.99999% of the time. You guys might be together in the first 2 or 3 gears if you are a really good rider, but after that he will be gone. :thumbsup:

I dont know you have to consider that the bike is 2 years older, a suzuki (which is not known for great power like the ktm), and he weighs a good 60 pounds more than me.

4 speed rmz250

6 speed ktm

GO DO IT

KTM WILL WIN!!!

4 speed rmz250

6 speed ktm

GO DO IT

KTM WILL WIN!!!

I dont know you have to consider that the bike is 2 years older, a suzuki (which is not known for great power like the ktm), and he weighs a good 60 pounds more than me.

I sincerely hope that this is a joke that I am not getting. C'mon, where is everyone to back me up on this one? A highly modified factory KTM 250sx-f might put close to 43hp if you are lucky, it will also be on the verge of grenading after one moto. On the other hand, a stock 450 will make 48-49hp. You do the math guys, I doubt both of you have factory 250f's too. :eek::thumbsup:

there is no replacement for displacement

drag race and motocross race is 2 different ball game

I sincerely hope that this is a joke that I am not getting. C'mon, where is everyone to back me up on this one? A highly modified factory KTM 250sx-f might put close to 43hp if you are lucky, it will also be on the verge of grenading after one moto. On the other hand, a stock 450 will make 48-49hp. You do the math guys, I doubt both of you have factory 250f's too. :eek::thumbsup:

All the dyno charts I have seen of the 2007 ktm 250 sxf have ranged from about 40-43 hp STOCK, and a new 2008 450 puts out over 55hp stock, but I saw some dynos of the 2005 rmz 450 and they ranged anywhere from 46-49 stock. If you watch pro motocross or supercross they are always talking about how far 4 strokes have advanced in the last couple of years and that they are amazed that the riders on the 250fs are putting out very close to the same lap times as the riders on the 450s because of how much closer the power is to each other than 125's and 250's were in the past. So when you compare the ktm 250f and the suzuki 450f, that 2 year difference means alot. Because if you think about it suzuki's first 4 stroke was in 2003 and there 1st good one was in 2004 so the bike has only been improved on for 1 or 2 years compared to 5yrs like on my bike, and he also weighs a good 60-65 pounds more than me and his bike ways a good 20-25 pounds more than mine and there is at the very most a 9-10hp difference, so I think it will be close because lets face it 2 strokes and 4 strokes are to different machines and displacement may help but it isn't everything.

You Guys should actually Race, it beats arguing

You Guys should actually Race, it beats arguing

I agree on this one:applause:

Go Race :thumbsup::eek:

39684250hp.jpg

I rest my case.

dynos mean nothing when it comes to riding on tracks and stuff.

i have a 250f ktm and a 250f honda

and those results say the honda has the most power.

my ktm will runover my honda like nothing

dynos mean nothing when it comes to riding on tracks and stuff.

i have a 250f ktm and a 250f honda

and those results say the honda has the most power.

my ktm will runover my honda like nothing

Are we not talking about a drag race? He wants to drag race his friend's RM-Z 450 against his KTM, I said nothing about riding a track, as Rookie said above, those are 2 different ball games.

im talking both

I already said id kill him on a track cause he is nowhere near my skill level, i am specifically talking about a drag race. And i would like to know what year those bikes were on the dyno and if they used slicks or wat not

39684250hp.jpg

I rest my case.

i know the ktm puts out more than 35hp the actual rwhp ive seen with the right tires and jetting are from 37 to maybe 40 but the engine itself puts out around 43 or 44hp. And that dyno of the rmz 450 must be a few years old cause the new 450s are all over 50hp and some are pushn 55hp, but im gonna ride with him next weekend anyway and well see what happens.

i know the ktm puts out more than 35hp the actual rwhp ive seen with the right tires and jetting are from 37 to maybe 40 but the engine itself puts out around 43 or 44hp. And that dyno of the rmz 450 must be a few years old cause the new 450s are all over 50hp and some are pushn 55hp, but im gonna ride with him next weekend anyway and well see what happens.

Yes you are correct, at the crank a bike has a lot more hp than at the ground. But you aren't running at the crank, you have to put the power to the ground, hence rwhp. You can modify any bike to make loads of rwhp if you want, they all come stock with the same numbers also, some aren't 55hp off the shelf while others are 50, it doesn't work that way. Race him and then come talk. :thumbsup:

HA, the RMZ will blow its doors off, i dragged a yzf 450 and a works kawi 250f on my rmz and pulled them both off the start and all the way down