Tale of two "X's": Need to loose the bog

I have a 06CRF250X, and so does my friend. We both bought brand new on the same day Nov 07. I'm a gear head, adreline junky, partialy handicaped (vet), so the 250X is a dream come true. I broke it in a couple of rides, bought the JD jet kit, made the air box mods + difuser and am STOKED + totally happy. Here's the question: My friends bike is still TOTALLY stock, and his skills are more toward a novice or entry-level rider. He rode my bike and now HATES his stock bike due to that horrible "bog" on the stock bike just off idle. He does NOT want to make all the mods, just yet. Question: Need to loose the bog--nasty ugly bog when in gear, just above idle. Will the AP mod remove the bog, simply by itself? Question # 2:And while I'm in there doing carb surgery, should I bump up the main jet or move the clip? We ride mostly 2500-4500 feet. My stocker had a 130 main, clip in the #2 position. WIthout modding his air box or exhaust, is there a suggested jet better than the 130? Thanks!

I just got a JD kit for myself, I would just get the kit and if I remember it tells you what jets to use without the mods, The Bog was driving me nuts too but it should be gone by spring for me,

Dauntae

I have a 06CRF250X, and so does my friend. We both bought brand new on the same day Nov 07. I'm a gear head, adreline junky, partialy handicaped (vet), so the 250X is a dream come true. I broke it in a couple of rides, bought the JD jet kit, made the air box mods + difuser and am STOKED + totally happy. Here's the question: My friends bike is still TOTALLY stock, and his skills are more toward a novice or entry-level rider. He rode my bike and now HATES his stock bike due to that horrible "bog" on the stock bike just off idle. He does NOT want to make all the mods, just yet. Question: Need to loose the bog--nasty ugly bog when in gear, just above idle. Will the AP mod remove the bog, simply by itself? Question # 2:And while I'm in there doing carb surgery, should I bump up the main jet or move the clip? We ride mostly 2500-4500 feet. My stocker had a 130 main, clip in the #2 position. WIthout modding his air box or exhaust, is there a suggested jet better than the 130? Thanks!

thumpertalk parts store has the oem section also

I would run around 145 main 42 pilot and 55 leak jet with everything else stock at your altitude. It will be greatly improved from stock. If you were closer to sea level and with the ccc mods I would go up quite a bit on the main from there but in stock form that should be good.

You don't HAVE to buy a kit or cut up the airbox to get it running right. Do the O ring mod and put a 42 pilot in it, adjust the mix screw, your bog will disappear. If it feels a little flat in the middle raise the needle or replace it with a 49 state on clip 4 or a 04 yz450f needle. If you want to do all the box, cam and pipe mods, then you might want to do a little more with the jetting. JMHO