CRAP!!! Lost the needle spring!!!

?:eek::D:ride:

Figured I was capable of doing the rejet myself, heard it wasn't too hard. Got the suitable kit from James Dean and away I went.

Everything was going well until the needle spring popped out. I looked everywhere for it, but it's so small.

Is this spring available at the dealer, does someone know of a suitable replacement?

God I fell like a tool.

?:ride: :ride: :ride:

Did it fly off somewhere? Did you look down in the cavity where the needle retainer plug is? My spring stuck to the plug when I pulled it out.

I looked, but no luck.

It shot the retainer plug a good 4 or 5 feet. Another learning experience.

William1, any idea on the part number? No worries if you don't. Have to waite til Monday and check with the local dealer.

Thanks for the reply.

Anybody who used the DJ kit should have a spare.

Quick fix, spring from a biro, or a short peice of fuel resistant hose cut to length.

Neil. ?:eek::D

Thanks! If I have to wait for a replacement I will give this a try.

My JD kit did not have a spare. Should it of had one?

:ride:?:ride:

Well, being the impatient person I am and knowing that I was looking at a possible week long wait for a new spring, I took some advice from Neil and took a spring from a pen. Cut it in half and installed it. The needle's tension felt very similar to the stock, so I was feeling good about it. Funny thing is I lost that little O ring as well.?:eek::D

Anyways, fabbed up a replacement, put everything back together and turned her over. and can you believe it, she fired up immediately.:ride: :ride: ?

She feels a little boggy. I have done the 3x3 airbox but still need to "uncork" the stock pipe, and play around with the settings.

Just so everyone knows, I do intend to order in the replacement spring and O ring, but this at least got me back on the road.

Thanks to all for your replies.