Sign in to follow this  

New A P Spring from Merge Racing

I was just wondering if anyone has tried or know of anyone that has the A P spring from merge racing?

I was just wondering if anyone has tried or know of anyone that has the A P spring from merge racing?

Yes I have on my 2006 crf250r gives a better snappy throttle response.With the proper leak jet, pilot jet and fuel screw settings will completely cure the bog.

Go for it.

Why bother, just wire the ap link to the throttle cam

The spring will cost you like round 15 bucks. If you wire it you need to check the diapragm plate for clearance.The plate needs to be grinded most likely.

Wiring the AP is harder on the diapragm since it doesnt have flexibililty of the spring.

If you do not install bigger leak jet than stock there might be possible of rich bog from too much squirt if you wack the throttle fast.

I think the best and simple and proper way to do it is the merge racing Ap spring.Your stock leak jet will work or might drop one size smaller.

Correct I put a larger leak jet in and a diaphram with a shorter rivet. However the wiring required no grinding and there were no clearence issues. The bike runs very well with this setup.

Correct I put a larger leak jet in and a diaphram with a shorter rivet. However the wiring required no grinding and there were no clearence issues. The bike runs very well with this setup.

Oh Yah the clearance issue I mean is the diapram rivet that you need to grind if you are not going to replaced it with a shorter diapram rivet.

I have done AP mods by wiring it on several bikes but the simplest method I found is by changing the spring.