Posi-Locker for Dakota

My 4wd vacuum actuator went out on my 1992 dakota v6, and I've been reading about the posi-locker which replaces the vacuum actuator, it is cable operated, and isnt a whole lot more than a new stock actuator would cost. Does anyone have this on a dakota, It doesnt say they are for a dakota in the applications.

Thanks

Are you sure its the actuator? I know on some Dodge trucks the vacuum lines to it can become chaffed and cause the problem.

very odd, my 95 dakota doesn't have a vacuum accuator for the front end

318 5 speed 4x4

My 4wd vacuum actuator went out on my 1992 dakota v6, and I've been reading about the posi-locker which replaces the vacuum actuator, it is cable operated, and isnt a whole lot more than a new stock actuator would cost. Does anyone have this on a dakota, It doesnt say they are for a dakota in the applications.

Thanks

first check your acuator with a vacuum pump,those cable operated acuaters have been around for years,never seen one tho. if your frontend engages quickly when its working properly,i'd just keep it stock if its slow to engage i'd get the cable. i would bet yours works fast enough. the late eighties early ninties? chevies uses a goofy heater type actuater,slow as hell so the cable would be the way to go here.

I like the posilockers as your the one deciding when to go into 4x4, not some sensor