boggin when landing from a jump

hello everyone i no this has been asked loads of times before but i just need somehelp. when im landing from slow jumps and crank the trottle open it sometimes bogs for about 1 second its ok if i rev the nuts of the bike but i dont want to keep doin that so it happens more when the rpm is lower. what i wanted to know is it just the leak jet that plays the part in this or can it be all the jets. at the moment im running a 85 leak let i am unsure on what way i need to go is it a lower number leak jet i need like a 50 or do i go to a 90. thanks carl

its a 06 yzf250

i have been told that a #50 leak jet would be the jet to install. some have installed a #40. also try installing a #180 main jet to help with your issue.

this is what i did to my son's 08' YZ250FX

its the accellerator pump cover. get the boyesen quickshot which doesn't allow air to build up. the bog is the air getting shot in by your accellerator pump, it will do it at low rpms everytime and can stall you out.

its annoying. but happens with all Keihin FCR carbs. Zip Ty racing has a carb bowl, that completely remides every bog for the bike, and keeps constant fuel to its adjustable leak jet and standard main jet. its pricy though, comes with the modded accell pump cover

Motocross Action saya that the R&D float bowl with the adjustable leak jet cures all these issues. I believe this is there site address: randdracing.com

you just copied what I said. can also be ordered by Zip Ty Racing, and they give you a big discount if you get their carb mod with it. ziptyracing.com

50% of the riders will say: leak jet + jetting = pure love

(for me, it was a 60 leak jet + a 45 pilot jet)

50% of the riders will say: you must buy "an aftermarket something" for this to be fixed

both are probably right

If I had to do it all over again; I'd again just spend the minimal money for the jets I need.

if you send your carb into ziptyracing they will modify your accelerater pump to give you crisp power. they also rejet your carb. so you really don't need the pump cover, it just helps a bit, it doesn't really bother me, unless I jump a gear up and hit the throttle and it bogs

50% of the riders will say: leak jet + jetting = pure love

(for me, it was a 60 leak jet + a 45 pilot jet)

50% of the riders will say: you must buy "an aftermarket something" for this to be fixed

both are probably right

If I had to do it all over again; I'd again just spend the minimal money for the jets I need.

What he said....except I used a 55 LJ....bog-b-gon

thanks your help. i will give the leak jet a try first i will go with a 50. as i am from the uk will the 50 leak jet still work fine with my bike? carl