Sign in to follow this  

New header option for the DR650SE

Was just tooling around on the FMF site checking available headers and they now have a "Hi-Flo" header for the DR650SE. $149.xx in stainless steel. Think I'll order one up shortly.

FMF doesn't have any yet. I have had some on order for a couple of weeks.

Good find!

I am looking for a stainless header....and was on the FMF site......but must have missed that one.

Thanks for posting.:thumbsup:

check your scoot, you'll prolly find one there:ride:

check your scoot, you'll prolly find one there:ride:

I'm looking for a Quality stainless header and one that I don't have to grind down for proper flow....... Got one on order. :thumbsup:

I'm looking for a Quality stainless header and one that I don't have to grind down for proper flow....... Got one on order. :thumbsup:

OK:thumbsup: It looked like your emphasis was on "stainless", some DR owners were not aware that the front pipe is SS, me included.:eek:

nice, sucks that no one has dynos or some expert let out an opinion, theres just the picture.... pretty though :thumbsup:

It could be that the stock header with the weld grind makes better power then the larger headers a least at the lower RPM range. I went with the Staintune system and like it very much. I do need to figure out how best to fit a spark arrestor to it for riding public land though.

FMF doesn't have any yet. I have had some on order for a couple of weeks.

Jeff, you have some listed on your site, does that mean you have them available? I'm in need of a header and an opinion of this one. Looks like it has no clamp.

The first batch sold like hotcakes. The next batch is expected in about 2 weeks. About half of those are already spoken for. It does not come with a clamp. Use either the stock clamp or the clamp that is supplier with the Q2. If you need a good clamp any hydraulic hose supply store will have those nice stainless steel t-bar style hose clamps.

I haven't been able to keep one long enough to get it installed on my bike. I did do some dyno testing with Jesse's header pipe and found small gains in low end and top end and a very small loss in the mid range.

I won't be able to do any testing on the FMF piece until I can get enough of them to fill all my pending orders and still have enough left to keep us stocked for a while. I don't want to make a paying customer wait for a pipe just so we can do some testing.

Could somebody post a picture of the FMF piece when you receive one?

My stock is completely rusted and butt ugly. Still undecided whether I should do the weld grind and then have it ceramic coated or get a new one... :prof:

I haven't been able to keep one long enough to get it installed on my bike. I did do some dyno testing with Jesse's header pipe and found small gains in low end and top end and a very small loss in the mid range.

I won't be able to do any testing on the FMF piece until I can get enough of them to fill all my pending orders and still have enough left to keep us stocked for a while. I don't want to make a paying customer wait for a pipe just so we can do some testing.

Has any testing been done on the stock header with/without the weld ground? How much larger is the I.D. of the FMF vs. the stocker?

I have one of these on order, can't wait to get it. Looks as if the old girl will be down for a little while as I wait for this and new chain/sprockets.