Sign in to follow this  

I bought the Icon

If you saw my other thread I was looking into buying an Icon 50x. I bought it today for $340. I think I got a pretty good deal. The engine seems identical the to xr50 I had. I need some info on adjusting the throttle, Im not sure if which way to turn the air/fuel screw to lean/richen it. Also after I ride it for a while what oil should I put in. I have a quart of mobil non sythetic 10w40. Will that work? Anyway it seems to have alot more power than my hinda 50. Im not sure how? But I never even got into 4th gear. I may try tommorow.

Heres the only pic Ive got so far.

ICON_49CC_DB_004.jpg

First, don't run the oil that came in it. SEcond you want one that does not say energy conserving on the label like this one does: API_Service_Symbol.gif

The fuel or air screw depends on where it is. If it is near the manifold, it is a fuel screw. turning in leans turning out richens.

If the screw is back by the air filter it is an air screw. in to richen, out to lean

paintslinga may i ask where you got it from. I might consider one of these to mess around the block till i can afford my pitster.

Thanks

If you saw my other thread I was looking into buying an Icon 50x. I bought it today for $340. I think I got a pretty good deal. The engine seems identical the to xr50 I had. I need some info on adjusting the throttle, Im not sure if which way to turn the air/fuel screw to lean/richen it. Also after I ride it for a while what oil should I put in. I have a quart of mobil non sythetic 10w40. Will that work? Anyway it seems to have alot more power than my hinda 50. Im not sure how? But I never even got into 4th gear. I may try tommorow.

ICON_49CC_DB_004.jpg

that is a good bike and for the money you pretty much stole it.

Who says the sum of the parts are worth more. You could ride it, break it then part it out and sell it on eBay and MAKE money. tree fiddy is cheap.

do these bikes naturally have no low end torque or is my jetting off? Also the throttle is jacked up... other wise im happy with it.

Ok ive pretty much got it broken in heres how it goes

1. This thing is FAST. I tried to top out 4th on my gravel road and got too nervous because the little bike was going crazy.

2.Its a 49cc so i feel it should have around a 13mm carb or so like the crf. But this has an 18. I think this contributes to the mega fast high end and very little low end. I think an 88 will wake it up.

3. It has an e22 head. I dont want to go race head but im not sure if this head will work with the base 88 kit. If anyone knows lmk.

4. The fron shocks are SUPER soft, they also say SUPER on the front I dunno??? i tore the sticker off. lol

5. Its real comfy to ride, not cramped like my xr was.

6.It has 4 gears, you really only need 3, but i guess the 4th is to tell you crf buddies.."dude mines faster"

7.Throttle is F ed, but hey whats a throttle cost...

Ill ride it some more and let you know. It really needs more low end power, I want to jam the throttle and lift the front end up.

Dude, sounds like you got a good deal there. The problems can be fixed. I would still try jetting before you ditch the carb. You can probably get stiffer fork springs. And obviously a throttle is a small price.

Have fun!

This thing has been riding great, still not much low end. im waiting on the funs for an 88 kit. But I broke the steering stop off. *** do i know now?

Did you happen to notice what tooth count both your sprockets are?

Maybe it has a really weird tooth combo,something geared for more top end.I know that probably wouldn't make that much difference but in a 50cc it might be more noticable than say a 125cc or higher.:confused:

You said it was FAST, mini-outlaw is probably right, it is geared for speed. You can probably change the front sprocket and get a bit more torque. The steering stop that is welded to the head tube? If that is the case (and they have been known to break on china bikes) just get it re-welded.

ICON_49CC_DB_004.jpg

Where did you get it? I know a guy who would buy one for his daughter.