Sign in to follow this  

yz125 or yz250?? info about me..

hey guys, sorry if im not allowed to post here..! :thumbsup:

i just have a question for you, im 16, 174cm(5foot8inch?) weigh about 140pounds or more..

i've been riding since i was 10(6 yrs all up), only only smaller old bikes, i rode my brothers xmoto250 the other day(chinese bike), and i handled it pretty well.

i'll be riding through forestry, which is mud, some hills, alot of long straight flats and just stuff like that, 1 day i will probably consider doing MX on this bike i'll be getting, and il be keeping it for a few years.

now i've only got about $4000AUD which is like $3700USD i think??

NOW MY QUESTION IS....should i get a yz125 or yz250 with the money i've got..i may be able to up it by anothr $500 ..it depends!

thanks for all your kind help, sorry if im in wrong section.

sounds like you could get an awesome '06 YZ125 or YZ250 for that money, mate! :thumbsup::eek:

although i'm not preempting on judging your riding skills, given your age and weight, i might be inclined to recommend you the 125. yet, if you feel or your that type of person who simply likes to challenge the status quo (or common beliefs) then shoot for the 250 :D

250 all the way...im 15 and ride a 525...honestly it may seem pretty fast off the git go but you will be happy you didnt mess around with the 125....125's are good for tracks and thats it IMO i know some on here use them for racing offroad..but your not so why be on the pipe all the time and be going through top ends...get the 250 nuff said

250 all the way...im 15 and ride a 525...honestly it may seem pretty fast off the git go but you will be happy you didnt mess around with the 125....125's are good for tracks and thats it IMO i know some on here use them for racing offroad..but your not so why be on the pipe all the time and be going through top ends...get the 250 nuff said

thanks bro, how tall are you?? and whats your weight?

6'2" 180..im a big guy..my bud is 5'8" 140 and he rides a honda crf450r hes 15 also. he seems about the same size as you so a more adequate comparison

6'2" 180..im a big guy..my bud is 5'8" 140 and he rides a honda crf450r hes 15 also. he seems about the same size as you so a more adequate comparison
hmm ok then, well im growing pretty fast..how long you been riding for though? thanks

uhm i rode for maybe a year when i was 8 or so on a little ttr 90...got back into it when i turned 14 and got a 250f rode that for almost 2 years then got the 525...after the first couple of month on the 250 more power was needed..or wanted however you put it...if your a decent rider the honeymoon stage of a smaller bike will wear off rather quickly and leave you begging for more power

uhm i rode for maybe a year when i was 8 or so on a little ttr 90...got back into it when i turned 14 and got a 250f rode that for almost 2 years then got the 525...after the first couple of month on the 250 more power was needed..or wanted however you put it...if your a decent rider the honeymoon stage of a smaller bike will wear off rather quickly and leave you begging for more power

ok thanks bro.

well if you're trail riding..honestly..go for the 250. if you get the 125 you'll have to have it wide open all the time or you'll foul the plug. the 250 is a very versatile bike..it will putt around all you want it too and still not foul the plug. I haven't riden(sp?) in about 10 years and i just bought my 250..i used to ride an 80..and i love it! granted...if you aren't careful..you'll eat it..(i did today..pretty bad actually...went off the trail and went flying off the bike..bike flipped...i slid and rolled...thorns..ouch. gotta give the bike credit though...started right up first kick after that.) anyway..rambling, you'll be happy with the 250..especially if you plan on going mx. my .02

If you can try and ride both before deciding.

But if your a newer rider, I'd get a '05 or up 125.

I had a '05 RM-Z450 before my current '06 YZ-125 and I can do everything with my 125 that I did with my 450.

I also just rode a friends '08 YZ-250 and didn't like it, but I'm a wuss:busted:

BTW I'm 5'5, 155 lbs.

Good Luck:thumbsup: