Sign in to follow this  

Low seat for a '08 250 XCF-W??

Looking for a low seat for the girlfriends 2008 250 XCF-W. I was told that the one offered in KTM hardparts is indefinitely unavailable... Looks for one made by SDG and they don't show a low seat for this bike...

Anyone have one or have a suggestions? I would like to stay away from cutting down the stock seat foam as we will be selling it to offset the cost of the low seat...

Enduro Engineering sells a nice product. Do a search, you will find a few options.

-Lou

They don't have lowered seats, but their seat pans are designed to give an extra 1 1/2" of foam. That will give you more to work with if you're going to shave it. Now this is true for prior years, but I can't say for certain on the 08's. They list seats for them, but not sure if their seat pans differ from stock. Best to call them.

They don't have lowered seats

I'm not 100% positive for the 08, but EE offers lowered seats. The pan itself is the same but about an inch of foam is removed.

-Lou

Set her static sag to 40-45mm and rider sag to 115-120mm. (make sure she has the correct spring rate ) Raise the forks in the clamps about 10mm and set her fork sag to 80mm. Static fork sag to about 45-50mm. This should lower the bike enough to help.

IMO,

Dwight