Sign in to follow this  

Not as good a deal as Cutting Torch's but...

Wow awsome! My projects would REALLY cost less if I culd fid deals like that!

Thanks guy! I couldn't believe it my self. I picked up a 1995 cr250 last week for 400 and thought that was a good deal! This bike has a special place in my heart because my first KX was a 2000 kx250:awww:

I'm gonna clean the carb out today and get it to run. All it needs is a graphics kit seat cover and a new rear fender:thumbsup: Anybody have an extra graphics kit they want to sell?

heres a better pic

DCAM0012.jpg

My project bike did something simmilar to that. Didn't fire though. I would definately do a top end, crank assy and bearings to that. You can find the parts pretty cheap on Ebay. I used Lake Motorsports for mine. Everything w/full gasket kit was $388.

:eek::D:ride:Why can't I ever find deals like that?????

Seems like if I find something even a clapped out, stripped, POS the owner thinks it's a priceless masterpiece. :thumbsup:

• Like 2

My project bike did something simmilar to that. Didn't fire though. I would definately do a top end, crank assy and bearings to that. You can find the parts pretty cheap on Ebay. I used Lake Motorsports for mine. Everything w/full gasket kit was $388.

I think I will just buy a bottom end off ebay and then auction off my old bottom end to make up the difference. Hell a new crank is like 150 bucks:eek:

Seems like if I find something even a clapped out, stripped, POS the owner thinks it's a priceless masterpiece. :thumbsup:

Seriously I run into guys like that all the time... I wanna slap them:bonk:

• Like 1

2strokenut I have bought 3 different bottome ends off ebay, with the plan to rebuild them, and every one needed eithe main bearings or a rod bearing. I say fix the one you have. What ever way you go good luck with this bike.

Ed

Yep, same recommendation here. If your current cases aren't cracked, then just rebuild what you have. How many parted out bikes mention in the auction that they had just tackled the most complicated routine maintenance task there is for the bike, but it "ran fine last time, may just need a new spark plug"? :thumbsup:

I think the bottom end must be the most neglected, most "yeah, I need to check on that one day" item before it disintegrates from being ran waaaaaay too long.

Might as well check the tranny while you have it apart. $450 is a cheap price for a 00' 250, but as your starting to discover.....when you go that cheap chances are good you are in for quite a bit of maintnance costs.

Clanking noises are never good...:thumbsup:

You won't really know whats wrong until you get inside it, but if it were me, not knowing the history of the bike, it would get a complete new top and bottom end, and probably new tranny bearings as well since you've got it open anyway. For the price you paid, you'll still have a cheap ride even after doing all that.

I know, that 91 kdx250 I looked at looked terrible, and needed some tranny work, and he still wanted more for it than what you paid for that 2000 250.:lol:

Thanks for the advice guys!

I'm still debating whether or not to rebuild or buy on egay...

I would rebuild....eGay, not so much..I'm too paranoid of buying junk in there...good score on the bike, definitely replace all your bearings