Sign in to follow this  

02 YZ motor 04 Coil?

Anyone know of any issues when running a basically stock 02 YZ 250 engine with 04 YZ 250 coil and ignition? I mean can I just throw a 02 YZ motor into a complete 04 YZ with no igniton problems. Just plug and play? Has there been any changes in between the years that may cause problems with the ignition side of things. The motors are very similar but is there a different black box or anything that may cause me grief?

An 02 coil and ignition will work on an 04 and vise versa.

You will just have to check out the mounting possitions on the frames.

An 02 coil and ignition will work on an 04 and vise versa.

You will just have to check out the mounting possitions on the frames.

Right on,

And the timing indicator marks, make sure they are located in the same place on the stator, if not then you will have to basicly set the timing instead of just lining up the marks.

Right on,

And the timing indicator marks, make sure they are located in the same place on the stator, if not then you will have to basicly set the timing instead of just lining up the marks.

Stators are the same from way back, at least as far as 01 what I have checked.

Stators are the same from way back, at least as far as 01 what I have checked.

Maybe so. I do know that the 06 stator has the timing marks in a different location than the 04. Thats really all I'm sure of, however it will plug right in a work. Had to do it to get through a weekend.

Maybe so. I do know that the 06 stator has the timing marks in a different location than the 04. Thats really all I'm sure of, however it will plug right in a work. Had to do it to get through a weekend.

That is strange they are the same part number:excuseme: