Battery strap fix

After seeing the way the strap across the battery holds it down & how loose the battery was, I decided to try & secure the battery better, here is a pic of my fix. I just relocated the holding clip to a better position & pop riveted it to the plastic member near the battery, with a couple of small washers behind the pop rivets, to stop the rivets pulling through the plastic. It holds the battery a lot firmer, so I thought I'd pass it on to you guy's.

BATTERY001.jpg

Damo :thumbsup:

PS - You have to remove the rear guard.

Nice work! do you still have the seat sitting down hard on the top of the battery. i know it is supposed to though it sits down that hard that it is wearing grooves into the battery. i think my battery will start leaking soon..... Does your mod reduce the wear on the battery? or is too early to tell?

Did a similar thing the first time, but still found the single strap not strong enough & it`s hard to get at at, i wanted a quick release for work periods.

I have already cracked one battery base, now it` got a flat bottom & is snug.

"One i prepared ealier"

Battery Box easy option #1

I was a bit sick of the battery vibrating like crazy and chaffing the case, the rubber band doesn`t do a lot - mainly because it`s not puuled around the battery - only across it. And it`s pretty weak,

A cradle that allows the strap to pull over (i`m going to make another that takes a second strap a little lower, this will be fine for now.

A piece of alloy, hacksaw & 2 x m4 bolts and washers, drill & tap thread in cradle and bolt through mudguard from behind, just ensure you use the correct length so it`s flush with the backing plate

oh "a little white paint too"

b3.jpg

b2.jpg

b1.jpg

Battery Box easy option #2

This one is real easy, cut two slots in the side ribs, file the rough edges & put a parker strap or similar through to strap the battery, a bit of rubber behind the battery & under the buckle, a small plate bent for the bottom so the ribs don`t wear the battery (any more than they would have already)

This one is my preference, it`s so easy and quicker than actually fumbling with the rubber strap, it`s strong & hold really firm, a smaller strap /buckle would be neater though

a10.jpg

a7.jpg

Nice work! do you still have the seat sitting down hard on the top of the battery. i know it is supposed to though it sits down that hard that it is wearing grooves into the battery. i think my battery will start leaking soon..... Does your mod reduce the wear on the battery? or is too early to tell?

Boreit,

Seat position hasn't changed & is hard on top of the battery. I ended up putting a piece of inner tube in the seat base, at right angles to the original ribbed rubber where it touches the battery, not any problem since & nice & snug. If you leave the seat base as it is I think that the hard plastic seat base chaffes the battery which is why I put the inner tube on the seat base, it also tends to grip the battery & hold it snug.