07 KTM 450 EXC with new IMS tank

I looks good in black.

I have the same bike and tank, but mine tank is the "natural" color. It makes it easy to see the fuel level... Doesn't look as nice though.

RH

ive got a natural on mine and my friend just had to have a black tank on his bike as i advised against and he laughed at me since he's new to dirtbikes. well the very first ride out with his new black oversized tank i sure got a chuckle out of him running out of gas. ?

he went really black and i agree it looks nice but its not very functional for a offroad bike imo.

ktm_(1).JPG

im kinda a fucntion over fashion guy i dont buy fenders unless there broke and stickers kits well there nice and all but they dont do me any good or enhance my riding anyway.

. well the very first ride out with his new black oversized tank i sure got a chuckle out of him running out of gas. ?

he went really black and i agree it looks nice but its not very functional for a offroad bike imo.

the color of the tank doesn't cause you to run out of gas nor does it make it not very fuctional. opreator error, not very hard to open the gas cap and look!:eek:

• Like 1

the color of the tank doesn't cause you to run out of gas nor does it make it not very fuctional. opreator error, not very hard to open the gas cap and look!?

you try looking into the bottom of a black 3 gallon tank and telling when you have a gallon left :eek:

for offroad racing/riding a natural tank is more functional than ANY other color tank hands down.. hmmm do i pit for fuel on my last lap or push it? let me just pull over and check how much gas i have left...hey any of you guys got a flash light i cant see s**t in there. with a natural you can look down when your riding and check your level. whens the last time you've seen a pro xc racer running anything but a natural tank in a xc race?? there really is no argument that a natural tank is more functional than a black one or any color for that matter.

you try looking into the bottom of a black 3 gallon tank and telling when you have a gallon left :eek:

for offroad racing/riding a natural tank is more functional than ANY other color tank hands down.. hmmm do i pit for fuel on my last lap or push it? let me just pull over and check how much gas i have left...hey any of you guys got a flash light i cant see s**t in there. with a natural you can look down when your riding and check your level. whens the last time you've seen a pro xc racer running anything but a natural tank in a xc race?? there really is no argument that a natural tank is more functional than a black one or any color for that matter.

You passed the test!?

Looks awesome. I've been tossing around getting a '07 450 EXC, these pictures make it all the more attractive!
Wait till you see mine! coming soon.?

Looks sweet. I just put a down payment on a new '07 today so I'm partial.

Looks sweet. I just put a down payment on a new '07 today so I'm partial.

cool deal man! i have had my 07 since Aug 07 and love it. Its dirty right now cuz the last ride i hurt my back. So its in the garage dirty. I'll pull it out take a few shots of it and a list of all the goodies.

cool deal man! i have had my 07 since Aug 07 and love it. Its dirty right now cuz the last ride i hurt my back. So its in the garage dirty. I'll pull it out take a few shots of it and a list of all the goodies.

Thats like not wiping after making poopy! Lol. ?

The black looks great when it's new....After a while it gets a little tired looking, but so does a the plastic on a bike. Get some tank balls, white balls the same size as a ping-pong ball that can take the gas & not dissolve or deteriorate, makes checking the gas in a dark colored tank much easier.

• 3 weeks later...

It's 4 more litres so I get about 150km before having to switch to reserve but it depends how hard you ride. I'm sure I could stretch it to 170kms? Was only getting 100+/- before. It's great and doesn't feel like a sack of potatoes between your legs either!