It is Official Regarding James Dean Jet Kits

I heard from James Dean today regarding his S/SM jet kits.?

".....We've started including the allen bolts for the float bowl in our jet kits for the DRZ400S/SM, kit #JDS005. I have a DRZ400SM myself now and can appreciate the benefits of having them.

Thanks,

James ...."

Now, some sellers may have old stock so the bolts may not be in all kits at first.

James Dean is a alot like Forrest at Wheeling (or is it the other way around?) Both guys are extremely reponsive to the customers, actually own and ride (DRZ SM's to boot) bikes. They take care of thier customers.

The TT store may want to make a note of that if they are included in the kits they have now. I just ordered the JD kit a few days ago, it should be waiting on me when I get home. I ordered the bolts seperately so I'll be covered in any case, and it looks like I may have a spare set!

As will said the old stock will have to be sold before the new kits go on sale, so you probably made the right decision in getting the float bowl kit!

Probably, either way its no biggie. I learned my lesson years ago, messing with the bowl screws on dirtbike and streetbike carbs. Suzuki sure isn't the only company with bad bowl screws, and paying $4 is a lot better than the hassle that goes with breaking out the ol' chisel, I mean flat screwdriver and hammer! ?

The TT store may want to make a note of that if they are included in the kits they have now. I just ordered the JD kit a few days ago, it should be waiting on me when I get home. I ordered the bolts seperately so I'll be covered in any case, and it looks like I may have a spare set!

I ordered mine last week, and have an extra set.

I'd offer them to somebody here on the forum, but with extra sets floating around now they'll likely just end up occupying my toolbox.

I think I'll have to order one...

I never rejetted my stock carb. I went straight to a FCR. I think I'll rejet and switch back just to see the difference.

Good to see there's one less thing to buy.

Great news on the allen head screws in the JD kit!?

Fortunately, I didn't have to order mine. A friend's shop had kept them in stock. I have the DJ kit myself. Wished they included the allen screws in their kit as well. I must tell you though, adding the "allen head screws" gave my bike a noticeable ".012345 hp" gain for sure.:D

Off Topic:

Hey William, I didn't know JD was still alive. I'm a big fan of JD, and I've even gone on a trip trying to search for the remnants of his Porsche & his eyeglasses that were supposedly never found at the crash site. Perhaps you can give me his #, and I'll give him a ring?!!:ride:

jdean10.jpg

Actual intersection where the crash happened. :eek:

jdean12.jpg

jdean18.jpg

JD Memorial @ Jack Ranch Cafe in Cholame, CA

jdean21.jpg

• 5 months later...

My other bike is a Duc ST4, so my new-to-me DRZ felt quite anemic. The JD kit completely tranformed it. I haven't had a chance to check the gas mileage yet, but I'm guessing that the increased range of movement in my right hand is going to bring it down. Small price to pay.?