Is the "08" a bit doughy

I currently ride 94 CR250 but looking to update.

Was thinking of getting an 08 WR450f.

But my mate has one its been jetted up, stock header with a whitebros tip and it runs shit, it stalls if you crack the throttle any faster then my nana could, and very sluggish down low my cr dominates it.

I rode a stoke klx450 and shat all over it though the complete rev range.

I also rode a 2003 WR and it shat all over the 08 aswell, just wondering has yamaha got it all wrong this year or is it a 1 off shit box. ?

I agree with SC, somthings wrong with the jetting, I have an 07 with a Whites Bro's E2 and it's jetted right, spools right up when I crack the throttle!! and I don't think there's any difference between the 08 and the 07

Jetting issue.

Once your mate's bike is jetted correctly my bet is he will kick your arse and you won't be able to hold on to the WR.

How about helping him out with his ride instead of critizing it.

he's totally right. once your mate's bike is properly tuned it will completely poop all over all the other bikes you mentioned, including yours.

my 08 is jetted and is faster than s$%t..............don't know what your mate did to his, but he needs to do all the mods listed here in TT........i would not change mine for the world........well, maybe for the world.....?:eek: