Bike bogs on landing

I have a crf 150r , I have got the bike snappy off of the throttle all is good apart from a little bog on the landing can you help.

high float level.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By gmortie3rd
      I blew up my '14 drz S a few weeks ago. Started, and ran cold up to to redline one the highway. I know it was dumb. But i have since installed a big bore kit and stroker crank. I also had the head serviced with new SS valves and had it ported and polished at Fastheads. 
      I was running the 3x3 mod, and a JD jet kit. Everything else stock. 
      Wondering if the bike will run well with stock carb and pipe, and what jetting to use. 
      If it will run like crap, what carb and pipe do I want to run? (I want a quiet pipe)
      Normal operation is at 600 ft and cool, but do travel to colorado often.

• By Jeremy Evans
      I just bought a 2012 xr650l and it starts and runs great until about 4000 rpm give or take (I’m guessing) it feels like it spits and pukes. Also when releasing the throttle the exhaust pops and hiccups. I am calling the dealership to ask if they are willing to fix the problem as I just purchased from them yesterday but I am curious as to what the problem could be in case they do not offer to help for my “as is” purchase. I have read a couple other topics on here that talk about the vacuum lines being hooked up to an air cut diaphram but I don’t know what that is. The smog delete has been done on this bike as well as a slip on dg exhaust and the side cover has a bunch of holes drilled in it exposing the air filter. The battery has also been relocated. My question is what jetting should I have at 2000 feet? I am planning on opening up the carb to see what the idle jet and main jet are and if they were even changed from stock. Also if someone knows about the air cut being hooked up to vacuum and can supply pictures that would be very helpful. I know that the smog block off kits just plug the vacuum holes and the air cut usually gets disconnected. Thanks. 

• By Boshwa
      Hey everybody, long time lurker, first time caller,
      I'm in a bit of a pickle, I've seemed to mangle one of my carb's screws to the point of no return. One could say my carb's screw... is screwed! (Pun intended)
      Anyway, I ended up rounding the phillips head, then attempted to cut it into a flat head with a dremmel, stripping that too, and then trying to break it free with needle-nose vice grips, which wouldn't grip strong enough.
      I'll be going to the hardware store tonight to get a screw extractor to try, but I was wondering if anyone else had any ideas. Also, if I shear the head off where do I go from there?

And don't worry, I already have the allen bolts to replace them with, just need to get this one out!

Pics are below...

• By GearHeadBrady
      Hello guys, this is my first post on here as I am in need of some help, I have been following these threads for a long time now because they contain very useful information. nut i have never made a post of my own because I have normally been able to find the answers to my questions in existing threads.
      anyways, I have just finished rebuilding my 2002 Cr250, i used the crank that was already in it and just replaced the crank bearings,crank seals, all external oil seals, as well as sending my cylinder off to millineum technologies for a bore a re nicaseal of the cylinder(back to stock bore) as well as replacing the piston with a wiseco Pro-Lite piston(I drilled the holes for the exhaust bridge as I have always done).( a new OEM cylinder head was put on as well)
      so here's my problem, I believe my damage to the top end was due to air leaks thus a lean burn down of the top end. I have gone through my break-in procedure and done 4 heat cycles and then an idle run through of the gears. today I did a half throttle and then an about 3/4 throttle pull through the gears. the bike felt like it ran good and had good power except it felt like it fell a little flat in the top peak of the RPM(so there's problem number 1)
      my second issue is after these pulls the silencer and pipe silencer joint were covered in spooge.(i know a bit of spooge is to be expected after full days worth of riding but not after a 10 minute run through of the gears)
      the spooge problem led me to believe that the jetting was the issue and that the bike falling a liittle flat high in the rpms and the spooge were connected(i have a stock mikuni carb with the recomended jetting for a pro circuit pipe 380 main, 32.5 pilot stock needle on 3rd clip position)(i was running a 340 main and 30 pilot before the rebuild but i felt like that was a little lean)
      i then pulled the plug and looked at all of it and the coloration of the porselin is leading me to beleive the jetting is lean(even on stock jetting and 4 sizes up on the main from where i used to be) the plug looking lean scares me a tad as this is what i fekt like caused my top end failure before. so i really need help from the jettng gurus here that can give me good info
      attached are pictures of the plug,spooge and new top end
      any help would be appreciated, i would like to fix the spooge problem and the falling flat feeling high in the rpm, i just put alot of money into this motor and i want to do it right to prevent andy further problems.