Sign in to follow this  

odometer calibration??

I recently purchased a 07 Husky TE510 mainly for trail riding with the occassional dual sport ride. Very nice bike, but on my first dual sport ride, I noticed that the odometer was not accurate. The guy I bought it from had a set of supermoto wheels that he put on it. I switched back to the original 18" and 21" wheels. Does anyone know if and how I can calibrate the odometer on this bike to be accurate. If not I am going to be SOL on my next dual sport ride! Is there an after market computer for these bikes? Also, is it just me or is the seat on these bikes a bit hard on the old tush? Please help because I do want to get the finisher's plaque for the Big Bear Dual Sport Ride this July. Any help is most appreciated. Thanks.

I have recently had a speedo replaced under warranty & in the box that the new speedo came in was this sheet of paper from Husqvarna that has the codes for the speedos, of various bikes SM included. The sheet says that you can only perform the procedure once so I am unsure if you can reset them. See how you go, I had to set the code on the new speedo when I first connected it..

Huskyspeedoinfo.jpg

Damo. :thumbsup:

Sounds like the other owner switched out the te speedo for an sm one. Those directions above make it pretty clear that they can only be set once. Some options are to get a new husky speedo, use a gps, put a bicycle speedo on there, or use an aftermarket one like the trail tech or ico units.

Like all street legal bikes except KTM, the Husky odo is just a gas gauge. It is not accurate, lyou can not set wheel size and it is not 1/10s resetable.

Because I lay out Dual Sport rides, I need a real odo, I put on an ICO on my TE610.

Like all street legal bikes except KTM, the Husky odo is just a gas gauge. It is not accurate, lyou can not set wheel size and it is not 1/10s resetable.

Because I lay out Dual Sport rides, I need a real odo, I put on an ICO on my TE610.

Same here but I use a pacemaker on my TE450 for setting up trail and riding D/S and enduro's. It's really cool that you can just tap into the factory sensor wires for the external units.

What is a pacemaker? Who manufactures it?

Originaly, Moose racing sold them. Now I'm pretty sure Fred Hoess a racer from the ECEA bought them out. Here is the web site but I have heard rumors that Fred is hard to get a hold of. I like it because I can select 3 data fields to look at (odo, diff time, clock, speed, possible checks,...) at the same time. The ICO only gives you 1 and you have to "thumb switch" to get the others.

http://www.pingear.com/pacehome.htm

What was your solution?

I recently purchased a 07 Husky TE510 mainly for trail riding with the occassional dual sport ride. Very nice bike, but on my first dual sport ride, I noticed that the odometer was not accurate. The guy I bought it from had a set of supermoto wheels that he put on it. I switched back to the original 18" and 21" wheels. Does anyone know if and how I can calibrate the odometer on this bike to be accurate. If not I am going to be SOL on my next dual sport ride! Is there an after market computer for these bikes? Also, is it just me or is the seat on these bikes a bit hard on the old tush? Please help because I do want to get the finisher's plaque for the Big Bear Dual Sport Ride this July. Any help is most appreciated. Thanks.

I put on a trail tech on my 06 510 TE, it was easy to install used the factory front rotor magnet, different functions and could dial in the wheel sizes, and was inexpensive