Sign in to follow this  

suzuki after sale support

hey everyone around a month ago i bought a new 08 rm 250 and a hole in the crank case has developed right were the two cases join neer the gasket now i havent been through rocks crashed etc and it apears to have cracked away from the inside and yet suzuki dealer says there is nothing they can do the bike is very well service has has 3.5 hours on it

Any advice?

You could try email or calling Suzuki corp, but I'm not sure how much success you will have. One of the drawbacks of owning a 2st is no warrenty.

I wonder what is going on with Suzuki. Motocross Action magazine tested the new fuel injected 450 and it developed a crack in the case were the kick started mounts.

That's crap, I would raise all kinds of hell. If it is in fact a product issue they need to take care of it. Warranty has nothing to do with selling a bad product, they need to stand behind it.

Call Suzuki corp and speak with them, if that doesn't work. Get ahold of your Attorney General and file a complaint with them. I can't believe Suzuki wouldn't stand behind that if it's that obvious.

I would say go back to the dealership where you got your bike and throw a fit. DEMAND a brand new bike. IF your bike is a month old and already has a hole in the casing , whats next? Tell them how unpleased you are with their product.

When I bought my 250 I was told before I even signed that there is no warr. what so ever on them Due to the fact that they are a race bike. So I dont think any dealer is going to help you. You can try suzuki corp. but you just might be out of luck. Sorry I hope you get it all worked out.

Raise hell!

If the bike had 10+ hours you would be S.O.L but 3.5 hours no way thats unexceptable!

When I bought my 250 I was told before I even signed that there is no warr. what so ever on them Due to the fact that they are a race bike. So I dont think any dealer is going to help you. You can try suzuki corp. but you just might be out of luck. Sorry I hope you get it all worked out.

You're confusing warranty with defect. A warranty is to fix things that happen to break during a specified period of time. This is a defective product issue. If he raises enough hell, it will get fixed.

Bought my KX450f two years ago. On the 2nd ride it started spewing oil out the countershaft sprocket. Luckily me dealer is a great guy and stood behind it. He called Kawi, the rep looked at it, they fixed it no questions asked. The rep even called to get the part overnighted because nobody had it, the 450 had just been released. It was just a seal issue, thankfully nothing more than that. Could have been had we not noticed the oil coming out.

Sounds like this guy got a jackoff for a dealer and needs to get access to the Suzuki rep. There is no way they wouldn't stand behind it if there is no evidence of abuse. His dealer sucks.

definelty go in there and ask for a new bike. a month old with 3.5 hours on it, thats brand new. they should stand behind there products, but i guess this dealer doesnt.

go back to the dealer and CALMLY AND PROFESSIONALLY ask them to contact their TSM for their region and schedule an appointment to have the bike looked at by the Suz rep... I've worked for Suzuki for 26 years and have seen plenty of times where a legitimate problem has been taken care of,even though the bike has no warranty..You do need to know a few things... 1) you're not getting a new bike.. doesn't happen.. deal with it 2)the more like a jerk you act,the less they will want to help you, and 3)yes you still have steps you may take if you don't get any satisfaction at the dealer level. First with customer service at Suz and then maybe even something legally... keeping in mind all the time that you bought a bike with the words "as is" clearly displayed, and as you lose your temper and become more and more of an azzzhat,this little sticker on the fender will become more and more of your problem... STAY WITH CALM AND PROFESSIONAL AS LONG AS YOU CAN !

go back to the dealer and CALMLY AND PROFESSIONALLY ask them to contact their TSM for their region and schedule an appointment to have the bike looked at by the Suz rep... I've worked for Suzuki for 26 years and have seen plenty of times where a legitimate problem has been taken care of,even though the bike has no warranty..You do need to know a few things... 1) you're not getting a new bike.. doesn't happen.. deal with it 2)the more like a jerk you act,the less they will want to help you, and 3)yes you still have steps you may take if you don't get any satisfaction at the dealer level. First with customer service at Suz and then maybe even something legally... keeping in mind all the time that you bought a bike with the words "as is" clearly displayed, and as you lose your temper and become more and more of an azzzhat,this little sticker on the fender will become more and more of your problem... STAY WITH CALM AND PROFESSIONAL AS LONG AS YOU CAN !

Some of the best advice ever given. Pay attention to what this man says. This isn't about getting more flies with honey. It's about INTELLEGENT adult conversation. Speak to them in a civil tongue and it will do you well:thumbsup:

great advice,if you take the advice given earlier about throwing a fit they will likely point you at the door, we would i know, just be calm about it. However i'd be really curious to see this crack that developed from the inside. It sounds a little fishy. Any pics?

You're confusing warranty with defect. A warranty is to fix things that happen to break during a specified period of time. This is a defective product issue. If he raises enough hell, it will get fixed.

Bought my KX450f two years ago. On the 2nd ride it started spewing oil out the countershaft sprocket. Luckily me dealer is a great guy and stood behind it. He called Kawi, the rep looked at it, they fixed it no questions asked. The rep even called to get the part overnighted because nobody had it, the 450 had just been released. It was just a seal issue, thankfully nothing more than that. Could have been had we not noticed the oil coming out.

Sounds like this guy got a jackoff for a dealer and needs to get access to the Suzuki rep. There is no way they wouldn't stand behind it if there is no evidence of abuse. His dealer sucks.

They told me that there is no warr. on these bike what so ever. Dont get me wrong I hope that they help him out. Heykenny said it best dont raise hell. That the AS IS STICK will be your problem then. I really do hope they do help him that would be messed up if they said its his problem. But you do sign that you are taking the bike as is. Thats all I was trying to say.

They told me that there is no warr. on these bike what so ever. Dont get me wrong I hope that they help him out. Heykenny said it best dont raise hell. That the AS IS STICK will be your problem then. I really do hope they do help him that would be messed up if they said its his problem. But you do sign that you are taking the bike as is. Thats all I was trying to say.

I understand, but your still confusing warranty with product defect. If this is an issue in how it was cast, it's product defect. Like the Suzuki guy said earlier, follow his steps and if you need to a letter from a Lawyer will get something done. That little sticker is meaningless when it comes to a product issue.

They can say as is all they want, doesn't mean they can sell a product with a defect. That's what me and others are saying. Their are avenues you can take when you have this type of problem. This is nothing more than a bad dealer, if the Suzuki rep see's it and verifies it was a manufacturing problem, they will fix it. They do it all the time. I'm not disagreeing about the warranty, just saying this is a different type of problem.

I understand, but your still confusing warranty with product defect. That little sticker is meaningless when it comes to a product issue.

I hate to burst your bubble, but the words "warranty" and "product defect" are tied together,as the warranty is only there in the first place to fix product and manufacturing defects.. you can toss the word "defect" around all day long and it does nothing legally to help your case... "as is" means "as is" ...period!! Even the internal Suzuki paperwork that accompanies repairing a machine in a case like this lacks any reference

to the word warranty... If Suzuki decides to do something it will be classifies as "goodwill".. I hope they do whatever is right and I hope the guy comes out ok in the end, but lets not give people the wrong impression... they don't have to... you can scream "defect" till your hair falls out and it does nothing to change the facts... he bought a bike "as is"

I hate to burst your bubble, but the words "warranty" and "product defect" are tied together,as the warranty is only there in the first place to fix product and manufacturing defects.. you can toss the word "defect" around all day long and it does nothing legally to help your case... "as is" means "as is" ...period!! Even the internal Suzuki paperwork that accompanies repairing a machine in a case like this lacks any reference

to the word warranty... If Suzuki decides to do something it will be classifies as "goodwill".. I hope they do whatever is right and I hope the guy comes out ok in the end, but lets not give people the wrong impression... they don't have to... you can scream "defect" till your hair falls out and it does nothing to change the facts... he bought a bike "as is"

Tell that to a Judge. Legally, they are obligated. Call it goodwill or not, they would lose if he went to court. Here is a definition in laymen's terms. Again, if this is an issue with the manufacture and not operator abuse. Don't confuse warranty with a manufacturer's duty to not deliver a defective product. The two are not the same.

Legal Definitions of Manufacturing, Design, and Marketing DefectsWhat proof is needed to claim that a product is defective?

The plaintiff must establish that the product was in a defective condition at the time it left

the hands of the particular seller.

What constitutes “Manufacturing Defect” or “Impure Product”?According to section PJC 71.3 of Products of Liabilty – Theories of Recovery, a “defect”

means a condition of the product that renders it unreasonably dangerous. An

“unreasonably dangerous” product is one that is dangerous to an extent beyond that

which would be contemplated by the ordinary oser of the product, with the ordinary

knowledge to the community as to the product’s characteristics.

What constitutes

as sound as your legal argument is.. the reality is sometimes they don't fix it and that's where it ends... because "as is" is legally binding in many jurisdictions... like mine apparantly... which is how I've watched (over 26 yrs in the business) many cases where they refuse to fix it.. and that's it... period.. done .. have a nice day! Buh Bye!

the good news is,on many many more occasions, they do fix it and everybody comes out fine.. so let's wait and see.. maybe we'll all learn something new

as sound as your legal argument is.. the reality is sometimes they don't fix it and that's where it ends... because "as is" is legally binding in many jurisdictions... like mine apparantly... which is how I've watched (over 26 yrs in the business) many cases where they refuse to fix it.. and that's it... period.. done .. have a nice day! Buh Bye!

the good news is,on many many more occasions, they do fix it and everybody comes out fine.. so let's wait and see.. maybe we'll all learn something new

The difference is probably what I have said every time I have posted. Is it a defect or is it something else. If it is a defective part we have laws in this Country that don't allow Mfr's to walk away from their responsibility. Now if it's questionable as to whether it's operator error or a defect, I can see that. Also, not everyone exercises their rights when they are told no. That's why i told him to get with his Attorney General AFTER he gets with the Suzuki rep. My experience is, this is a bad dealer and Suzuki will fix it. I've had nothing but positive experiences with my dealers and Mfr's when these things happen.

I'm not looking to argue with you on this, my experience is in this area. There is a big difference between warranty and defect. That "as is" disclaimer means nothing if the product is defective. I don't care how many pieces of paper the dealer had him sign. It means nothing in a Court of law. That's why we have consumer protection laws in this Country in the first place.

I'm with you on him getting it resolved. I believe once the rep looks at it the problem will be solved unless it is operator error. Their not looking to screw their customers, they wouldn't be in business very long if they did. This is a bad dealer from the sounds of it.

no no I'm not trying to argue.(NO CAPS FOR ME !HA HA).. and we both hope it all comes out well.... would really be cool to have some high quality pictures... so far we're all just speculating.. time will tell