Sign in to follow this  

need help clearing jumps...

yeah when i was hittin it the guy just rebuilt the lip. it was huge. the guy that built the track said it was 115 so i was just going by what he was saying.

Man I bet that thing flicked you in the air like a moto-booger, probably about 15-20' in the air. :confused:

Yeah I watch kids on 80's and 150f's clear jump I don't clear on my 250f...so its diffenatly not the bike it's the fact I still have to pay bills monday morning...lol

If a 150f can do it you can. this bike sucks at jumping.

If a 150f can do it you can. this bike sucks at jumping.

Im pretty sure he meant the 150R

And frankly, I don't think it is the bike, I think it is him

Did you ride at bithlo sunday?

Because i saw a honda 250f there with a midget on it, looked about 14.

i rode at bithlo on saturday and it was my first time going to that track. i definately didnt have the right tires for riding in sand so i could get very little traction... that couldve been 1 of the reasons why i came up short on a jump lol

alright, i need some help on clearing jumps. it seems like whenever i try to clear a jump on my 250f that i never have enough speed or power to clear even the smallest jumps and im not sure if its because of me or the bike. yesterday i hit a small jump probably around 30 feet in 4th gear and i still came up short and hurt my leg. ive tryed everything and i cant find out why this keeps happening to me :confused:. im tired of getting hurt because of comming up short on jumps... mabye i would b safer riding on a 450 instead?

you should be able to clear 30 in 4th easily, even on a 250f

I'm overly cautious when it comes to trying new jumps. I take my time building up to it, do lots of safety approaches, and generally work the preceding corner until I think there's no possible way to get through it any faster. When I finally do jump, I'm usually over-prepared and end up saying to myself, "That was so easy, what was I so worried about?". I trust my gut to tell me when I'm ready to try something new. If I feel nauseas or have serious doubts on my safety runs, I don't jump. Sometimes when I psych myself out working on just one jump, I'll leave it alone and go back to banging out laps. Often times, I'll end up clearing that same jump in the middle of a practice moto when my head is back in the game.

If you cant clear a 30 ft jump in 3rd or 4th gear, you are either scared to go fast enough and back off the trottle before the face of the jump or the motor is clapped out and completely roached.

hey 30 feet is nothing... some people can almost jump 30 feet, and i mean without a motorcycle

either the jump is actually 80 feet or your not really revved up in 4th

i can clear 80 foot jumps in 4th gear with my 125, usally i go to 5th tho (i have 6 gears (so 4th is shorter than ur 4th)

so just rev it higher or i dont have a clue... its 30 feet, i doesnt make sense

Dont guess that your bike is revving too high or loud or whatever. You will know when it is hitting the rev limiter. It may have that weak, hollow loudness to it if you are just holding a constant speed . You wont jump as far and you will think its revved but I doubt it. Always be accelerating or slowing down. Dont hold it constant. My second guess is fryed clutch. Have a more experienced rider check it out if you arent sure. Should be able to tell in a few seconds though.

The 250f revs take a little getting use to. I thought my 250f was revved out and it wasnt close. You can also stay seated for the jump and that will give you a lot more distance to your jump. Stay seated all the way until you are in the air then stand up.

Its got to be technique. I suck at jumping and I can clear 30 ft. in 3rd gear. Im too ***** to jump in 4th pinned.

The 250f revs take a little getting use to. I thought my 250f was revved out and it wasnt close. You can also stay seated for the jump and that will give you a lot more distance to your jump. Stay seated all the way until you are in the air then stand up.

Thats a perfect way to take a trip to the hospital, If he is not advanced enough to clear a 30 ft jump, there is no way in hell he is ready to seat bounce.

I dont know, but i can take 30ft jumps in 2nd with 1/2 throttle and clear it, this is with a Rm125.

idk im actually really good at jumps... its just recently ive been having alittle trouble and i might be confused about what gears i should be jumping in.