400SXC Supermoto - probably the only one in the People's Republic

I found this bike for sale here... Keep in mind that there are only a handful of KTMs in the whole country, so this 400SXC is likely the only one in China. That kinda makes finding expertise mighty difficult, so if I get it I'm going to have to do all necessary work on it myself.

What year do you think this one is?

I've done as much research as I can about LC4s, and it seems many people say they are pretty bulletproof but a little heavy. I've heard that 400SXCs weigh about 250 pounds? Maybe I'm wrong and that was the 400EXC... How much should this KTM weigh?

I ride a sherpa 250 now and I think that's about 268 pounds with some fuel (I weighed the bike using a bathroom scale! )

But there should be a big difference between the LC4 and my sherpa in horsepower! :confused:

Am I foolhardy for wanting a bike like this? There are plenty of KLX250s and some XR250s to be found... which would be my other choice.

What are your thoughts?

Chris in Chengdu, Sichuan

Hello,

Well the 400sxc is kind of a odd duck.

I own a 2000' 400sxc and love it.

A little on the heavy side but you have to remember it's not a MX bike.

Best thing if you looking for a little more power is ditch the stock pre muffler, open the airbox and re-jet the carb if needed.

Good luck

Chris

Rainier WA