Sign in to follow this  

What did you pay for your spray bedliner?

I'm looking at getting my bed sprayed and windows tinted (Ranger ext cab). I went to the local Line-X guy today who does both. He quoted $600 out the door for both jobs with the liner getting sprayed over the top of the bed rails. Basically with the tax rate here it's $550. Seemed like a good price for both jobs together (figuring $150 for the tint/$400 for the Line-X), but I haven't really gotten any other quotes. What did the rest of you pay for either job?

BTW -- I know I could tint myself and do a Durabak/Rattleguard job, but with all the other stuff on my plate right now I really don't have the time. So, leave those prices out if you can please. :confused:

I paid $350 for an under rail Rhino on a full size 8 ft bed. My son used to work there so I got a discount. Normally $425.

What is he tinting? All the windows? How many and what brand of film? I don't know about the bed liner but I paid $75 to have my rear slider window on my truck tinted and $50 to have the rear side quad cab windows tinted. They wanted $100 to strip the front two windows and retint them darker. Thats $70 for tinting and $30 for stripping. If he is doing all the windows for $150 I'd say thats a pretty good deal as long as he is using quality film, does quality work, and gives you a lifetime warranty.

BTW what % are you getting it tinted?

• Like 1

I paid $500 cash for LineX over the rails in El Segundo.

LineX...shortbed Dodge 2500...done in Western Pa. last November. The bed itself was $400...top of the bed rails added another $50...done in black...$450 total. This shop did a very nice job.

First three rhino liners where priced $325, $375, and last one $400. Price wasn't a big deal because I had $500 gm cash each time. Problem is I would end up having it worn down and destroyed in a year. The Linex was done at the top of the bed rails also, according to the rep it added $50. The total for that was $525.00. The linex was far superior. I chose the linex by accident the last time, the rhino liner guy was in a pissing match with osha and I didn't want to wait. He's a friend and the rhino was anything that he tried to push, he told me to try the linex, so I did. It also helped that I had $900 in gm cash the last time.

The only spray in bedliner I've had was a Rhino Liner. Had it installed in '94 in my new Dodge Lamb 2500. 8' bed, over the rails and silver color to match the truck. $540. It's the only thing I've owned that didn't last as long as that Dodge...

• Like 1

OK, seems like a pretty good deal then. I'll probably go with it. Thanks.

What is he tinting? All the windows? How many and what brand of film? I don't know about the bed liner but I paid $75 to have my rear slider window on my truck tinted and $50 to have the rear side quad cab windows tinted. They wanted $100 to strip the front two windows and retint them darker. Thats $70 for tinting and $30 for stripping. If he is doing all the windows for $150 I'd say thats a pretty good deal as long as he is using quality film, does quality work, and gives you a lifetime warranty.

BTW what % are you getting it tinted?

He's tinting all windows except the windshield, so that makes 5 total. My rear window isn't a slider. I didn't happen to ask the brand, but he showed me a display with different tint % and I think I remember seeing 3M on it. I might be wrong. I'm planning on 15%. He said if I got hassled by The Man he would strip it off and go legal for free.

$425.00 for an 8 ft bed under the rails and got my dirtbike ramp line-x'ed as well

OK, seems like a pretty good deal then. I'll probably go with it. Thanks.

He's tinting all windows except the windshield, so that makes 5 total. My rear window isn't a slider. I didn't happen to ask the brand, but he showed me a display with different tint % and I think I remember seeing 3M on it. I might be wrong. I'm planning on 15%. He said if I got hassled by The Man he would strip it off and go legal for free.

That seems like a good deal to me. If a shop around here offered to strip it off and redo it if I got stopped I'd for sure do it even pay a little more. It's having to pay to have it tinted then have to pay to have it retinted and maybe or maybe not pay the ticket that worries me about the illegal tint.

These places are very flexible with their pricing. Try asking your car dealer if they could get you a better deal by going thru them. If not, at least tell them, (Line-x, Rhino) that your dealer referred you to them. They usually give some kind of a discount for a referral. My Line-x dealer quoted me 550 for over the rail on a 2000 Nissan Frontier crew cab short bed! I called a dealer in another location and they said they would beat the other ones' price. Called the first place back and told them this...you get the idea. Pit them against each other. Finally got the price to 325 from the first place. Still too much in my opinion for this miniature bed but way better than 550.