Sign in to follow this  

san felipe to chappala

i have been down this road on a bike once and once in a prerunner, but trying to decide if a stock 4 door ford dually pickup could easily go that way or is it still best to go back to ensenada and around that way. it was 06 the last time i saw that road, maybe its better now?

I can't stand that road on a bike, much less in a stiffly suspended truck. I would take Mex 1 and keep my fillings in my head where they belong.

i have been down this road on a bike once and once in a prerunner, but trying to decide if a stock 4 door ford dually pickup could easily go that way or is it still best to go back to ensenada and around that way. it was 06 the last time i saw that road, maybe its better now?

The only truck I would take on that road is a rental.

thanks guys, think we will just drive back to ensenada and down.we met jim carrey at gonzaga on one of those suitcase bikes.

Brett,

What kind of weiney are you??:lol::worthy:

All these riders just did that road on suitcase bikes.:excuseme: :excuseme:

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=321329

Corky:ride: :sweden::crazy:

I read that last night Corky. But we're not talking apples to apples. In a truck, no thanks. On a bike, no thanks if I can find a more fun route and time allows. Oh, I suppose if I had suitcases strapped to my bike and cylinders poking out both sides I would probably take that way as opposed to the highway, but only if I could brew a nice latte on the fly the way only SNR knows how. :confused:

But to your question, I'm the kind of "weiney" that does not like roads that are 20' wide in general, but that one does have a nice view doesn't it? :p

Brett,

I agree it does have nice views but I always for get to stop and admire them.:confused::excuseme:

I met Bill Nichols at rancho Grande on the way back. He was enroute to ride the trail we were talking about into La Gringa. He said its EZ to follow now.:sweden:

Corky:ride: :excuseme::crazy:

Brett- Maybe a revalve on the suspension would make it better...or put your dentist out of business...:confused:

Boy, you're working me on those mods aren't you Scotty? This is a tough crowd today.

I met Bill Nichols at rancho Grande on the way back. He was enroute to ride the trail we were talking about into La Gringa. He said its EZ to follow now.:excuseme:

Corky:ride: :confused::excuseme:

I've got that ride in my cross hairs for Oct, but will probably come "out" that way from La Gringa and go in slightly different. Planning for a 5-dayer. When the time comes I will shoot you an invite and in the mean time you can work Mr. Nichols for all of his vast "secrets":busted:. But I think I've got waypoints for the whole thing now.

thanks guys, think we will just drive back to ensenada and down.we met jim carrey at gonzaga on one of those suitcase bikes.

You dropped something.

Did that trip 15 years ago in a Jeep Cherokee pulling a jetski trailer. 5 mph and almost cost me 1/2 of everything I own if you know what I mean.