NEED HELP - How much coolant in 07 WR?

I only have a manual for an 07 YZF, so i called my dealer and they said the 07 WR250 takes 1.2L of coolant (not including coolant bottle). I couldnt download an online manual because it wouldnt work for some reason. I am currently flushing out the cooling system so i can repair a leak and put in Engine Ice, and when i put in 1.2L of a mixture of distilled white vinegar and distilled water, only about 0.9 L filled it up, which is what the YZ manual says. Same thing happened when i put in only distilled water to flush out the vinegar. I am filling it up through the radiator cap only - is there something else i should be filling up (not the catch bottle)? So how much coolant does the 2007 WR250 take?

the WR and YZ have same radiators, so it would fill 'er up, but the wr has a overflow tank as well.

I have no idea how to flush the lines on that, they snake through alot, my best guess would be to disconnect them, clean them out, and reconnect them, along with the tank. the tank has markings, and the radiators will purge or suck coolant if need be to stay in there opperating range. when I put my thermometer in my coolant tubes, I had to flush my radiators.

but I am human and am possible of error, so here is what my 2006 WR250FV manual says verbatem

"Recommended cooland:

High quality ethylene glycol

anti-freeze containing

anti- corrosion for

aluminum engine

Cooland and Water

(soft water) mixing ratio:

50%/50%

Cooland capacity:

0.9 L (0.79 lmp qp, 0.95 US qt)"

then

"instal:

radiator cap

fill:

coolant reservoir tank

midway between maimum and minimum on the tank"

I hope this is a help to you

Thanks for that link..the 07 WR manual says .99 liters.

This is how i flushed the cooling system out: With no coolant in bike, i filled system with 50/50 mix of distilled white vinegar and distilled water. then i warmed the bike up, let it cool down, and drain the mixture. then i filled it up with only distilled water, warmed it up, let it cool, then drained that. I would think everything is clean at this point and you wouldnt need to take off the radiator hoses. the cleaning solution i think is supposed to clean out the whole cooling system, including the hoses.

When i fill up the radiators, the manual shows to fill it up to the bottom of the rad. cap hole, not just to the top of the fins. it's okay to do this, right?

I was talking about the over flow hoses, not the radiator hoses. my fault sorry, manual just says, disconnect from overflow, and allow it to run outta the line, then reconnect.

but if you added too much, wouldn't it just go threw the overflow?

For some reason my bike's radiators wont take 0.9 liters of coolant...only about 0.7 L. what could be causing this?

the other side isn't filling up maybe, air

The coolant capacity of 1.2L is for a dry engine.

Try leaning your bike to the left when filling up the right radiator. The left radiator will fill up via the tube connecting the 2 radiators at the top hence you have to lean the bike to the left. OR, you can run your engine and have the water pump fill up the left radiator - obviously you'll have to start off with a cold engine and cold radiators.

WR250F Captain - I believe WRs and YZFs don't have the same size radiators, the WRs have 1 extra column on each side of their radiators, the 2 models' radiators are not interchangeable (nor are their guards).

oh, see, I said they had different rad's in another thread, but someone said I lie, so I figured I was wrong about it. I thought they were bigger. who know, when I go with my instict, i'm accused of pushing thoughts on someone and a whole bunch of drama.

sorry though.

I guess I just can't win for loosing. but even if a WR is overfilled, it will just go into the tank in the back, if its underfilled, it will suck the cooland from the back.

honda's do that really well, my friend has broken 3 radiators, 2 in front of me and had to ride back.

You cannot overfill the radiators either. If you do not have a recovery tank, expansion will dump. Over heat, you will over expand and loose too much. The recovery tank ensures it all gets back in and the radiators are full. I put about an inch in my WR's recovery tank and purged all air from the line from the radiator to the recovery tank. The coolant expands, it raises the level in the recovery tank, it cools, only coolant (no air) returns to and fills the radiators. You will notice on most late model cars/trucks, the radiator cap is actually on the recovery tank and not the radiator for this very reason. Coolant (and a full radiator) cools your bike. Air and air pockets lead to overheating inside the cooling system.

You cannot overfill the radiators either. If you do not have a recovery tank, expansion will dump. Over heat, you will over expand and loose too much. The recovery tank ensures it all gets back in and the radiators are full. I put about an inch in my WR's recovery tank and purged all air from the line from the radiator to the recovery tank. The coolant expands, it raises the level in the recovery tank, it cools, only coolant (no air) returns to and fills the radiators. You will notice on most late model cars/trucks, the radiator cap is actually on the recovery tank and not the radiator for this very reason. Coolant (and a full radiator) cools your bike. Air and air pockets lead to overheating inside the cooling system.

I thought I mentioned it for a wr because it has a overflow tank. I'm a bit confused on your 'late' model car cap being the recovery tank. maybe i'm just reading it wrong.

because all the cars i've seen, had the recovery line that goes to the overflow, underneath the cap, and when you fill your car with coolant, you do so in the overflow tank. but then again, i don't go around popping peoples hoods as well. so, thats why I am asking that question.