Oh what to do what to do!

I need help.

In one corner of the room sits an FCR from an 'E'. I've had it on the bike for the last week. It has a little more umph, especially at higher rpm's than the Mukuni and has better throttle response, but I noticed fuel consumption is worse. Maybe it's because I'm hammering it, but at a constant speed maybe it'll be the same as the Mukuni. That matters, as I'm about to do 5,000 miles down to Morocco.

I've added a Twinwall air filter, done the 3x3 and added a full RS2 exhaust. With the FCR I used a 160 mains and didn't touch anything else. Ran fine.

I use the bike for work. Last winter I ground to a halt because of carb icing. With the Mukuni comes an optional kit which solves the problem. On the FCR there is no kit. Maybe the FCR doesn't suffer icing.

The FCR is a "racing" carb, does that mean it wont last as long as the Mukuni?

The Mukuni was rejetted with a 150 mains then went to 155 mains and the entire thing now refuses to idle when cold (choke makes it much worse). It idled fine with the 150 and the main jet shouldn't affect idle.

So;

Does the FCR suffer carb icing? With the Mukuni I lost all power it was that bad.

Does the FCR gain similar mileage over a constant speed?

Will the FCR last as long as the Mukuni? I do 15,000k a year, probably 20k this year!

Does the FCR suffer carb icing? With the Mukuni I lost all power it was that bad.

All carbs can suffer icing, some worse then others, but complaints usually come from Mikuni equipped S and SM owners.

Losing all power is more than carb icing, should only affect idle and pilot circuit.

the FCR gain similar mileage over a constant speed?

At a steady cruise speed the fuel consumption should be about the same, full throttle acceleration will be worse, as will cruising at more than half throttle.

the FCR last as long as the Mukuni? I do 15,000k a year, probably 20k this year!

Much better made will last the same or better, at 20k a year you need more bike.

The DRZ will not last long doing that sort of mileage, even with 1000 mile oil change intervals.

I was doing about the same, and it was the main reason for selling mine.

Neil. :confused::excuseme: :excuseme: