muscle milk?

When I heavy into weights, I used it. I liked the taste, and I thought my muscle recovery was faster with it than with what I had been doing before.

You can get it cheaper on amazon, much less than my local stores.

Muscle Milk is a waste of money. Most people get enough protein, work on getting better nutrients from a varied diet that includes whole grains, fruits, vegetables, good fats and oils and quit worrying about your body's protein requirement. Unless you are strict vegetarian you probably eat enough meat already.

Any protein consumed that the body doesn't use for repair is a waste. Cut out the sugar consumed in soft drinks and processed foods and buy quality lean protein meats and fish and you'll have extra money in your pocket rather than some rip-off designer protein powder on your shelf.

Over priced junk. I get 6 pound bags of eas whey protein from sams club for $28, works great. If your really looking for size, I would definately pick up some size-on creatine made by gaspari nutrition. Definately the best supplement I've ever taken.

Muscle Milk is a waste of money. Most people get enough protein, work on getting better nutrients from a varied diet that includes whole grains, fruits, vegetables, good fats and oils and quit worrying about your body's protein requirement. Unless you are strict vegetarian you probably eat enough meat already.

Any protein consumed that the body doesn't use for repair is a waste. Cut out the sugar consumed in soft drinks and processed foods and buy quality lean protein meats and fish and you'll have extra money in your pocket rather than some rip-off designer protein powder on your shelf.

Muscle Milk is designed to be a meal replacement when real food is not accessable.

Protein is one food that you can over-eat without much of a consequence. Maintaining moderate to high water intake is important.

Eating fat, even animal fat is not bad for you. Fat, saturated or non-saturated is important to consume. Consuming fat is essential in teaching your body to use it as an energy source. Studys have found that eating fat promotes heathy joints and can reduce joint pain, something that motocross riders deal with on a regular basis.

Whole Grains, green vegtables, and whole fruit (no juice its pure sugar) are important to maintain overall health and to provide emergency glucose storage. They will not promote lean muscle growth and increase endurance levels. Eating to many (which most people do) will make you fat, decrease your endurance and teach your body to burn sugar.

Your body can only store so much sugar and when its gone your spent.

Teach your body to burn fat, most of us have plenty of it and it lasts longer

Dont live on muscle milk, use it as a suppliment when you can't eat real food. Its not a waste of money. It's a convenience, I'm grateful that it's available when I cant get real food or I'm to lazy to prepare food.

PROTEIN AND FAT = REPAIR TISSUE (Maintenance and modify)

WHOLE GRAINS and VEGETABLES = VITAL FIBER and NUTRIENTS (keep your motor clean) to many can and will make you fat

VEGETABLES GREEN= VITAL FIBER and NUTRIENTS (keep your motor clean) eat as many and as often as you want

FRUIT- VITAL FIBER and NUTRIENTS (keep your motor clean) Dont live on it, but its a good snack

MUSCLE MILK = (Maintenance and Modify) don't live on it but its perfect when you cant eat a real meal

If you would like to spend a couple of bucks on your most important Machine, which is you. Spend $50 to $75, go to a lab and have your blood tested. it takes the guess work out of where or if you are deficient. Then make the corrections if nessessary and have it re-tested in a couple of months.

Rob

www.manandmachine.com

Muscle Milk is designed to be a meal replacement when real food is not accessable.

Protein is one food that you can over-eat without much of a consequence. Maintaining moderate to high water intake is important.

wrong. muscle milk is a weight gainer shake. not a meal replacement. a good meal replacement would be something along the lines of Biotest's new "superfood".

also, extra protien that you take in and is not used is stored as fat. and you have a much higher chance of kidney stones.

I hate talking about health and fitness, but I just cant NOT resist my self when seing some of the replies.... If you ask 10 different people about work out regimens, and diet strategy, you will get 10 different answers....everyone thinks they know it all. I think you need to gather what everyone is saying from their OWN personal experience, and take the goods and bads out of it. My .02 is that you need, 1-1.5 grams of protein a day x body weight if you want to be adding a little muscle. Weight gainers/meal replacements are NOT a waste of money.

You have to take a look at what weight gainers/meal replacements are really for. Me personally I only eat two meals a day because I'm so busy at work and I dont have time, so meal replacement shakes are a great way for me to get the required protein I need in my body on a daily basis. Me personally I weight 205, and I try and consume 205G's of protein a day (eating meals alone is difficult to achieve this unless you are eating every three hours, and are eating meals HIGH in protein.) DO WHAT WORKS FOR YOU, and your body...You will find that out quickly if you are dedicated.

Oh and BTW....Muscle milk is designed as a meal replacement (as it says on the cover of their product), that is why it is blended with fats/proteins/carbs. Me personally I get the Lean Body meal replacement shakes....they are delicious, and relatively cheap compared to some of the other shakes on the market.

I hate talking about health and fitness, but I just cant NOT resist my self when seing some of the replies.... If you ask 10 different people about work out regimens, and diet strategy, you will get 10 different answers....everyone thinks they know it all. I think you need to gather what everyone is saying from their OWN personal experience, and take the goods and bads out of it. My .02 is that you need, 1-1.5 grams of protein a day x body weight if you want to be adding a little muscle. Weight gainers/meal replacements are NOT a waste of money.

You have to take a look at what weight gainers/meal replacements are really for. Me personally I only eat two meals a day because I'm so busy at work and I dont have time, so meal replacement shakes are a great way for me to get the required protein I need in my body on a daily basis. Me personally I weight 205, and I try and consume 205G's of protein a day (eating meals alone is difficult to achieve this unless you are eating every three hours, and are eating meals HIGH in protein.) DO WHAT WORKS FOR YOU, and your body...You will find that out quickly if you are dedicated.

Oh and BTW....Muscle milk is designed as a meal replacement (as it says on the cover of their product), that is why it is blended with fats/proteins/carbs. Me personally I get the Lean Body meal replacement shakes....they are delicious, and relatively cheap compared to some of the other shakes on the market.

Jeff,

I whole heartedly agree with everything you just said. The 1-1.5 rule has always provided me with great results. I dont live on muscle milk, metrex, or myoplex but hey, they're actually cheap if you compare them to an average protein balanced meal at a restaurant. And like you I AM BUSY!!

If you get a chance check out this book.

Natural Hormon Enhancement by Rob Faigin

great nutrition read.

Rob

www.manandmachine.com

I agree with toomanybikes - any protein your body doesn't use up just comes out the other end...poor way to spend your money in my book. If you are working out hard and don't have enough protein in your diet it might not be a bad idea but you can get protein in other ways. If you are still looking at taking a whey protein it is one of the better tasting, just like a chocolate shake if you mix with milk.