low end power

that, also good exhaust. KTMs come with what FMF exhaust? thats what the guy at chaparral told me, who can trust a salesman though. personally i didn't pay attention to that, I was amazed by the "B" on the brakes. brembo....

but the FMF megabomb header made "heaps" as you so kindly put it, down low for my bike, as well as not taking away anywhere on top, and adding very good mid. the muffler is the second part and helps as well.

it also depends on the bike you have, if you have a bone stock WR, then its really detuned, and you need to get it up to spec.

yeah, people at chaparral make thing sound nice. maybe thats why I left there with $20 dollar per tie down straps. but some come with brembo's and others come with ohlins. so maybe in my heart I wished it to be true. and I could've swore I saw it say FMF on it when I got my bike in 06, maybe they put it on to sell better or something. My exhaust was extremely restrictive though. that made a HUGE difference on my low end torque delivery.

thanks for the correction btw, that was something that haunted me. another thing that haunts me about ktms besides what k t m stands for it which country are they from. haha, thats so irrelevant though.

but stage 1 hotcams steal top end power:naughty:. so it comes with a sacrafice, and hotcams autodecomp is not nearly as nice as my stock one was, I used to be able to kick my bike over with my hand.

How much low end are you wanting? Because a 290 kit will do all the bottom end and more, add in a vortex ignition, power now and you have a extremely completive bike That's pretty much all i'v done to my WR except a 03 Cam. But if you're looking to keep a lot of top end then you'll have to get a exhaust system that wont will burn your pocket book for little gains in power.

did you do the vortex before, after, or during anything else.

was it worth how much you paid? and If you don't mind me asking how much?

sorry for this partial hijacking markryam

Used it before the 290 kit, and it gave a amazing boost to the bike. You get far more low end and traction with it. It's truly worth it. If you set it up along with the power now mod, you'll get better throttle response plus the low end. You'll love it. Though i will say i run trails so if you do motocross then you may not want that much low end.

nope, I have a wide range yamaha, I've never been on a track. I would love to some day though. is yours the 2 map one or the new 10 map one? I don't like the idea of clogging my carb with a powernow, even if it does help down low, my throttle response is actually really good. I've ridden bikes with them, and I'm not to amazed at it, but that was a 450, and the guy put a stage 3 can in it. when stage 2 adds power everywhere, according to hotcams that is. http://www.hotcamsinc.com/documents/support/10242_1154311169820.jpg as apposed to http://www.hotcamsinc.com/documents/support/10563_1158954353883.jpg

but anyways. yeah. I want one. how much did you get yours for?

nope, I have a wide range yamaha, I've never been on a track. I would love to some day though. is yours the 2 map one or the new 10 map one? I don't like the idea of clogging my carb with a powernow, even if it does help down low, my throttle response is actually really good. I've ridden bikes with them, and I'm not to amazed at it, but that was a 450, and the guy put a stage 3 can in it. when stage 2 adds power everywhere, according to hotcams that is. http://www.hotcamsinc.com/documents/support/10242_1154311169820.jpg as apposed to http://www.hotcamsinc.com/documents/support/10563_1158954353883.jpg

but anyways. yeah. I want one. how much did you get yours for?

To be honest my dad was the one who bought it, back in 02 i think it was. My WR was originally his. Long story short, he bought it slapped it in gave my brother the Vortex then my bro joined the Marines left to Japan and i stole it. But i have the two map model. Power and Traction i leave it in Power, it has a far more aggressive power delivery then the traction. The traction is perfect for hills. If i start to slow down on a hill i cut the throttle and switch maps and i'll get to the top of the hill. But as for the Power now mod. Yea some don't like it. But being a teenager and a Dad who has 5 bikes to outfit we went for the cheapest mods we could do. So i've never tried a stage 2 cams i don't even know how they work. I'd like to try a bike with one. But if you're like me a college student who doesn't have much money. Go with the Power now. It'll give a good boost for a free mod.