New bike

Well i found it on craiglist 2 days ago brand spanking new for 300 bucks

Its only been ridden twice for a total amount of 30 mins so its still in the break down stage.

I know its no pitster but its my first bike and im only using it to ride around the neighborhood.

I have one question though.

The bike sputters a bit when i ride it, its got gas but what do you guys think it is and how can it be resolved?

Here is a pic

pitbike.jpg

First....

Remove valve stem caps, remove bike, replace bike with a Pitster, OGM, or a SSR and replace valve stem caps and your problem should be solved. hahaha

Seriously sounds like a jetting/carb problem. Prolly need adjust or rejetted.

Sorry for the wise crack...

First....

Remove valve stem caps, remove bike, replace bike with a Pitster, OGM, or a SSR and replace valve stem caps and your problem should be solved. hahaha

Seriously sounds like a jetting/carb problem. Prolly need adjust or rejetted.

Sorry for the wise crack...

its alright i didnt have to pay for it so i consider it a gift and plus i got about 450 saved up for the REAL bike and it will be a pitster

Do not waste your money on that bike even for the $300 save for a real reliable Pit Bike.

I'm assuming you already purchased it right? If so, as stoop mentioned, it's probably just a jetting issue. If it is sputtering, it is probably rich somewhere. Need to give us more info about where in the throttle it is sputtering. Also need to differentiate between sputtering and bogging like it is starving for fuel. They are pretty much the opposite cause.

Once you save your money, don't rule out other bikes like the OGM and SSR. Pitster is a great bike, but there are other great ones out there as well.

I'm assuming you already purchased it right? If so, as stoop mentioned, it's probably just a jetting issue. If it is sputtering, it is probably rich somewhere. Need to give us more info about where in the throttle it is sputtering. Also need to differentiate between sputtering and bogging like it is starving for fuel. They are pretty much the opposite cause.

Once you save your money, don't rule out other bikes like the OGM and SSR. Pitster is a great bike, but there are other great ones out there as well.

i know im not ruling out the other bikes i know you have an OGM and it looks well built.

Back to the issue when i give it some throttle it sounds/ acts like its starving for fuel... which way do i turn the screw to make it leaner or richer? i dont wanna turn it the wrong way haha

first off, Drain the fuel, there is a valve on the bottom of the carb, see if you can catch the fuel in something, Notice is there is and water bubbles floating on the bottom. Many times water is misunderstood as jetting, then start with your air mixture screw. Oh wait FIRST, pull those bars back so you are turning over center , that will make a big difference in riding. Biggest thing with that bike is to always always check and recheck bolts after riding it. Also do not over do it with jumping as the more you ride it the more you will want to push it and it will break if pushed hard. If you stay within the limits of the bike it could last along time.My brother bought some from a tool sale five years agao and those things will not quit, however he only lets his kids ride in a fairly smooth lot.

yeah, bring those handlebars back lol, loosen the bolts and pull them back so they're at the same angle as the forks, then torque them down, but make sure to use torque specs for low grade bolts, as lower grade bolts are used for the less expensive bike.

might wanna check the choke, if it's your first bike, you might have the choke all the way closed when you don't want it to be

check to see that your spark plug is properly gapped and not all covered with soot/carbon/whatever...um...make sure your air filter is clean too

not a bad little bike man, just don't hit any doubles and you'll be fine