Falcon or Pitster?

I'm toying with the idea of getting a pit bike this summer for the girlfriend, kids, etc. The magazines I've read seem to love the Falcons, but Everything I read on TT seems to favor the Pitster. I've narrowed it down between the Falcon ZRF138 and the Pitster X4. Any feed back on reliability, parts, quality, etc would be welcomed. Also, if there is another brand I should consider, please feel free to let me know. Thanks.

either is a good bike but i feel like thee falcon is more modded.but u can buy more for a pitster pro

Not to sure about the falcons. I read the one article about them but I still dont know if they have good customer server or if you can get any parts for them and such. I would say the X4 is a way better deal and bike in my humble opinion.:confused:

Falcon 138 specs from their web site***:

Engine: 4 stroke

Bore and stroke: 54 x 55.5mm

Displacement: 130cc

External oil cooler (not shown)

Compression ratio: 9.1:1

Carburetor: 22mm

Ignition: CDI/Electronic

Transmission: 4 speed with manual clutch

Starting system: Kick start

Front fork: USD 35mm with adjust rebound

Rear shock: Gas/Oil adjustable rebound

Front brake: Hydraulic disc

Rear brake: Hydraulic disc

Front tire: 60/100-14

Rear tire: 80/100-12

Ground clearance: 280 mm

Wheel base: 1130mm

Seat height: 770 mm

Dry weight: 62kg

Fuel capacity: 2.8L

Colors: Red, Blue, Green, and Yellow

MSRP: $1579*

* retail price does not include freight & setup, where applicable

Pitster Pro X4 specs off of Outlaw's site***:

Engine:

GPX140x SOHC Air Cooled Horizontal 140cc (Optional 150x Motor $100 More)

Manual 4 Speed 4 Up Shift Start In Any Gear Transmission

5 Plate Clutch

Inner Rotor Kit

Lightened Oil Slinger

External Oil Cooler

26mm Carb

Dual Stage Air Filter

Frame:

Chromoly Cradle Frame

Removable Sub-Frame

3 Point Engine Mount

Suspension:

GPX Moto Piggy Back Reservoir Coil Over Rear Shock W/15 Setting Compression And Rebound Adjustments 900lb Spring

Aluminum Pro Swing Arm W/Leverage Blocks

GPX Moto CNC Front Forks W/Compression And Rebound Adjustments

7" Front And 8" Rear Travel

Wheels/Tires:

Front-14" Alloy Wheel/Standard Hub/2.75X14" Innova Tire

Rear-12" Alloy Wheel/Standard Hub/3.0X12" Innova Tire

Additional Features:

Chromoly Foot Peg Mount

Stainless Steel Foot Pegs

Steel Over The Top Brake Pedal

1/4 Turn Throttle

Alloy Chain Guide

Front & Rear Wave Disc Rotors

Steel Braided Brake Lines

32mm Big Bore Exhaust Pipe

Billet Adjustable Handle Bar Risers

Stainless Steel Fasteners

HD 3M Graphics

Dimensions & Capacities:

Overall Length 66"

Wheel Base 47"

Seat Height 31"

Dry Weight 142 lbs.

Ground Clearance 10"

Fuel Capacity 3 L

Oil Reservoir .95L

--$1895 shipped for the 140cc or $1995 shipped for the 150cc

I would say between those two, the Pitster definitely. I would also encourage you to consider the OGM SX 150 pro. That's what I have and I love it. Look back a page or two here on the forum and see my review.

Go over to Outlawpowersports.com or SGR-USA.com and have a look at all of the bikes that are out on the market right now. I just dont like the look of the falcon and I have no clue when it comes to the service department. Don't be affraid to look around like Chiro said at other bikes. Pitsters, OGM's, SSR's, Pit Pro's and the others. You may find something else that you may like. Pitsters are great and reliable just like the others. If you heart is still set between the two(Falcon or Pitster) go with the Pitster.:confused:

i dont know much about the falcon but teh pitster is what you will be more happy with fissure,(in my oppinion, cant go wrong.. i would also look at the x2 form pitster, that things is suppose to be a torque monster.. i just ordered that motor :confused: (gpx140)

I would think tilt towards the Pitster as there will be a much larger dealer support network out there.

Pitster also advertised contigency money at vegas,good company trying to do good things.IMO.

Nice write up about the X4 in the last mini mag.

MXA is the only magazine article ive seen about the falcon.IMO their biased about it.

I dont own either,but do have a several mini bikes(ride them daily) and a X4 is most likely gonna be the next addition to the stable.

I agree that a pitster would be a better choice, last time i checked the falcon website, it just looked kind of like it was put together by a 7th grader, while the pitster website looks professional. And we all know that pitster definitely steps up on customer support as others have said. I agree with everyone that you get more from a pitsterpro than a falcon.

Pitster also advertised contigency money at vegas,good company trying to do good things.IMO.

Nice write up about the X4 in the last mini mag.

MXA is the only magazine article ive seen about the falcon.IMO their biased about it.

I dont own either,but do have a several mini bikes(ride them daily) and a X4 is most likely gonna be the next addition to the stable.

Maybe I can change your mind after you ride my OGM. That is, if the ground ever dries out! :confused::excuseme:

Wow, thanks for all the info! It looks like I need to take a serious look at the OGM (thanks Chiro) as well. Now, a couple more dumb questions. First, the OGM is based off the klx110, right? So, is the Pitster X4 also based on the 110? Second, are these bikes USFS legal? Thats kind of important around here. Thanks again guys for all the info!

I'd go with the Pitster for sure.

Wow, thanks for all the info! It looks like I need to take a serious look at the OGM (thanks Chiro) as well. Now, a couple more dumb questions. First, the OGM is based off the klx110, right? So, is the Pitster X4 also based on the 110? Second, are these bikes USFS legal? Thats kind of important around here. Thanks again guys for all the info!

Both the OGM and the X4 are based off of the klx 110. I'm not exactly sure if the silencers are USFS(US Forsest Service) legal, but you can always go ahead and buy a FMF 4.1 and it will come with the spark arresters and give you added preformance.

Both the OGM and the X4 are based off of the klx 110. I'm not exactly sure if the silencers are USFS(US Forsest Service) legal, but you can always go ahead and buy a FMF 4.1 and it will come with the spark arresters and give you added preformance.

Correct. Both bikes are KLX based. The two bikes are very close to the same with a few differences. Neither bike currently comes with USFS approved spark arrestors. My OGM does however have a spark arrestor in it and I assume the Pitster does as well, they just don't have USFS labeling on them. If you need some kind of label, you will have to go aftermarket. If the rangers just look at it and see that there is a spark arrestor screen in there and will let it go at that, you would be OK.

Maybe I can change your mind after you ride my OGM. That is, if the ground ever dries out! :confused::excuseme:

WHY WOULD HE CHANGE HIS MIND, IT'S THE SAME BIKE, UNLESS HE LIKES THE CHEESY OGM GRAPHICS BETTER LOL.

WHY WOULD HE CHANGE HIS MIND, IT'S THE SAME BIKE, UNLESS HE LIKES THE CHEESY OGM GRAPHICS BETTER LOL.

So Dom, why do you have to be such a :confused: You take every opportunity to bash OGM that you can. If I even suggest someone look at the OGM, I get the Pitster posse coming down like lightening.

If you are so far up Pitsters sphincter that you can't see out thats your problem.They are both good bikes. Both have cool graphics (I happen to like the OGM's better) The value on the OGM is better (IMO) The Pitster has some features the OGM doesn't. OGM is now offering an out of the crate, very hopped up race bike that Pitster doesn't. Feel free to spout your opinion (you always have) but I'm gonna start spouting right back. :excuseme:

My guess is it would be for the value. More bike for the buck. Besides both OGM and Pitster have cheesy graphics IMHO.
I'd go with the Pitster for sure.

:confused:

So Dom, why do you have to be such a :confused: You take every opportunity to bash OGM that you can. If I even suggest someone look at the OGM, I get the Pitster posse coming down like lightening.

If you are so far up Pitsters sphincter that you can't see out thats your problem.They are both good bikes. Both have cool graphics (I happen to like the OGM's better) The value on the OGM is better (IMO) The Pitster has some features the OGM doesn't. OGM is now offering an out of the crate, very hopped up race bike that Pitster doesn't. Feel free to spout your opinion (you always have) but I'm gonna start spouting right back. :excuseme:

No since in fighting over it.We import about 20 different chinese models so I know how the china men think and I know how it works.

Whats great for pitster and Ogm is that you guys are standing up for the brand name.Just as a die hard,brand loyall jap bike rider would do.

Pitsters look to be the 1st of this model as far as importing and good for them.But it shouldnt be a suprise that some factory(maby the same one) copied it and slapped a different sticker on it.Happens everyday in china land.Its a shame really but for now thats how it is.

I could go on and on but there is no use,pick something and ride it.

JC

how can you like the OGM better? when its the same china bike coming from the same china factory? OGM is not offering a "hopped up race bike" out of the crate. The dealer is. and you can get an x4 done up the same way from many Pitster dealers. So all your saying is the ogm is better because in your oppinion you like the graphics better! Now, I am not saying you shouldn't buy OGM but Pitster does alot for the "pitbike community". Gary actually posts on these boards and travels to china to get the job done right. OGM and Motovert just put stickers over the x4. Thats why the Pitster possy jumps on you every time you toot the ogm horn....

On that note, Falcon seems to be lacking in the marketing department. It may be their biggest fault and the entire reason Pitster is winning the pitbike war. I'm surprised youve even heard of the Falcon? That brand name doesn't get much traffic around these parts...