Cal City Fees

I am going riding tomorrow with the kids for some spring break/pre-easter fun. I am definitely hoping to stay away from the crowds on easter sunday.

To whom and where to I pay my cal city fees?

I most certainly want to support the city and the family fun they provide?

I was out there last weekend even saw a Ranger,and I don't think that (fee's) has started yet...

I havent heard of any fees yet, but if so i would gladly pay!

There are areas to leave your 'donation' @ Borax Bill Park & the waste dump

(5.00)

Talked to one of their citizens last week. Details at that time were still being worked out.

Just don't be shocked to have to pay one day when you drive up.

I just called Cal City PD today to ask about that... I was told they (the PD) are not going to be enforcing the new municipal code right away. Purchasing a permit is voluntary at this time. I was not given the actual start date for enforcement.

Details are here: http://ccpd.homestead.com/permit.html Follow the two links for "Fee Schedule" and "Order Permit".

Thanks for the link agia :confused:

i'm gonna be out there too wednesday thru saturday... hope its not gonna be busy. do you know your way into ransburg? i'd like to ride over there again but have no clue how to get there cause last time i went was 2 years ago.

In Mojave, Cal City or at the Jawbone Store find a "FRIENDS OF JAWBONE" map. It's in color and clearly marks the numbered trails to Randsburg. The green trails are easy and the yellow trails through the middle of the mountains range from medium to difficult.

In Mojave, Cal City or at the Jawbone Store find a "FRIENDS OF JAWBONE" map. It's in color and clearly marks the numbered trails to Randsburg. The green trails are easy and the yellow trails through the middle of the mountains range from medium to difficult.

yeah... i ended up picking one of those maps up after i went 25 miles past my camp and got lost for a little while :confused:

I was at Cal City this weekend and they are just going around to campsites informing riders and passing out copies of the fee schedule right now. We had 5-6 parties in our group and nobody seemed to mind the upcoming fees.

I was @ Cal City yesterday too (great weather huh!?) Anyways, starting @ Cal City Blvd/20 Mule Team Rd there were signs everywhere posting 'riding permits available @ Borax Bill park'. I was riding solo and parked off Esse Rd, so I never saw any rangers out. Although Borax Bill Pk was pretty crowded w/cops. What is the fee/schedule going to be?

I was @ Cal City yesterday too (great weather huh!?) Anyways, starting @ Cal City Blvd/20 Mule Team Rd there were signs everywhere posting 'riding permits available @ Borax Bill park'. I was riding solo and parked off Esse Rd, so I never saw any rangers out. Although Borax Bill Pk was pretty crowded w/cops. What is the fee/schedule going to be?

TOO MUCH!!! If you never use their showers/water or dump station!:confused:

...we use the dump when we take RV, but always throw in some $ to the donation tube.

There's a link to the fee schedule on the 6th post of this thread.

I'd be glad to pay it. Especially if it goes towards maintenance. It looks like I would have to pay $56. That includes the family pack plus two vehicles. That's a heck of alot cheaper than fees at all other overnight parks!!!!!!!

TOO MUCH!!! If you never use their showers/water or dump station!:bonk:

Aren't you also paying for the medical support that they provide on holiday weekends? What's $50 per year to help Cal City who provides "cheap" family entertainment. Its still half the price of taking my family to dinner and a movie for 1 night.

I guess there will be one less person out there :prof:

Aren't you also paying for the medical support that they provide on holiday weekends? What's $50 per year to help Cal City who provides "cheap" family entertainment. Its still half the price of taking my family to dinner and a movie for 1 night.

I guess there will be one less person out there :prof:

that is what the fee is for. they get 25,000+ people on a holiday weekend. so pay up and have fun.