03 yz250 tranny oil...

How much oil should i put in the tranny, because there no bolt to check and i dont have owners manual?? thanx

750 ml. This should be stamped on the clutch cover beneath the kick starter.

What do you mean there is no bolt to check the oil level?? Of course there is. It is to the left of the water pump cover.

If you are having questions as simple as this, I suggest downloading the service manual online. There have been a couple of posts on here about where you can download. I have a service manual, but I downloaded a second and threw it into a 2-ring binder as a working set. Now I don't have to get oil all over my real manual:thumbsup:

Also, be careful about tightening the oil check bolt. It doesn't take much.

Please ignore oil check bolt as it is said to be placed incorrectly in relation to the 750 ml level. Use 750 ml like the clutch cover and manual declare.

Number 11 in the image is the oil check bolt. I have never heard anything about the check bolt being in the wrong place:excuseme:

TransmissionOilCheckBolt.jpg

The check bolt has been in the wrong place since 1999. I dont think anyone has ever made much fuss about it, but we should have. Oil will start dripping out at about 500cc's....250 under the correct level.

Thanks alot everyone, and im also investing on a manual soon, i just recently bought the bike to i havent got the manual yet.

The check bolt has been in the wrong place since 1999. I dont think anyone has ever made much fuss about it, but we should have. Oil will start dripping out at about 500cc's....250 under the correct level.

You've got to be kidding! I've been using oil level bolt this since my bike was new in Apr 07. What's the deal? I've recently been tracking a grinding noise coming from countershaft side of the lower end. This might be the cumulative effect of consistently low oil level. how did you guys hear of this?

rcannon is right. i went to change my oil the other day and i put in fresh oil and it was leaking out of the oil bolt at 200ml and i just put the bolt back on and put in 750ml

best to get it drained well when you do it, make sure its not butt freezing cold, maybe warm up a minute or two to get the oil a little warm and let drain good and measure out 750 and put back in. Same thing each time and youll be good to go.

Thanks again everyone, big help!!