Sign in to follow this  

Buying MX Parts & Ebay Etiquette

I've been buying parts off Ebay now for quite awhile now, saved a ton of money and always been happy with the transactions. Now I've run into a first.. I won an auction for a part that I really needed, I've requested the total from the seller now 3 days in a row with no response :confused: I was optimistic that a quick payment and smooth transaction would have that part on its way by now.. but no, the seller won't respond. SO whats the proper Etiquette here how long should I have to wait until I say forget it and buy one elsewhere? I can get another part in a snap, but don't want to end up owning 2 of them just because this seller is lazy! Can I just buy another, then tell the seller to re list it because of his slowness? I don't really want to mess up my perfect feedback for this douche either.

Doesn't ebay usually automatically total it up for you? I know paypal usually adds everything up when you are going through the steps to pay.

His spam filter is probably blocking your email. I would look at how many days he said you had to pay and then call the the end date for waiting for him.

Doesn't ebay usually automatically total it up for you? I know paypal usually adds everything up when you are going through the steps to pay.

Sometimes the auction doesn't specify the cost to Canada so unless I request the total then I have no way of knowing.

His spam filter is probably blocking your email. I would look at how many days he said you had to pay and then call the the end date for waiting for him.

Well its not me emailing him technically, its ebay. So unless ebay is spam filtered he should be getting it. I did notice an alternate email in his auction, I'm going to try that. He didn't specify a date to pay by... I think If I don't hear anything tonight then he's going to be re listing this part!

did he have good feedback? You never know what happens with people. I was in an accident one time and it took a few days for me to get to my ebay stuff. You never know. I usually give about 7 days before I do anything.

. He didn't specify a date to pay by... I think If I don't hear anything tonight then he's going to be re listing this part!

that sounds like how i would treat the same situation.... sorry to hear that, i like you , have bought a ton of stuff on there and never had a problem yet.

post back when it clears out.

jay

I'd give him 5 or 6 days. As an E-bay seller if you don't really plan ahead and you go out of town for three or four days people wonder what happened. As a seller you almost need to work part of the time seven days a week to keep people happy.

Still nothing. Probably my fault.. I came across the auction last minute, it was ending so I made a fast bid.

Heres the problems I've run into.

The item is a rotor.

#1 The picture of the rotor is a rear.. in the description it states the auction is for a front.. even though he has specifically said examine the pictures closely, this is the actual rotor.

#2 As I read on, he states he is selling the rotor for another ebay member, and I can deal with either him or this other seller.

#3 Still no response from seller.

How do I get out of this deal? Just ignore it? I'm yet to run into such b/s on Ebay. This is why I usually research more, but like I said... I seen the auction last minute... plus it was a good deal.

I've been buying parts off Ebay now for quite awhile now, saved a ton of money and always been happy with the transactions. Now I've run into a first.. I won an auction for a part that I really needed, I've requested the total from the seller now 3 days in a row with no response :confused: I was optimistic that a quick payment and smooth transaction would have that part on its way by now.. but no, the seller won't respond. SO whats the proper Etiquette here how long should I have to wait until I say forget it and buy one elsewhere? I can get another part in a snap, but don't want to end up owning 2 of them just because this seller is lazy! Can I just buy another, then tell the seller to re list it because of his slowness? I don't really want to mess up my perfect feedback for this douche either.

Hang tough. I bought some relaoding dies from a guy on ebay, never responded. Turned out he had an ISP problem, he was responding, I just wasnt getting it. Usually, a seller doesnt skip out. Etiquette is to hang tough, keep trying. It will work out OK, especially, if he is darn near perfect on his profile.

Send the reply through the ebay site, the auction site will have a link to "contact seller", use that link, this will get around he spam filter.

Stuff happens. We sell on eBay as well and this week, everybody has been out sick, so we're slow to respond to emails or get anything out. Or the seller may be out of town. Stuff comes up.

What's the sellers feedback like? Did you get a killer deal? If so, he may be hoping you'll go away so he can relist it.

Well its not me emailing him technically, its ebay. So unless ebay is spam filtered he should be getting it.
Send the reply through the ebay site, the auction site will have a link to "contact seller", use that link, this will get around he spam filter.

read much :confused:

Still nothing. Probably my fault.. I came across the auction last minute, it was ending so I made a fast bid.

Heres the problems I've run into.

The item is a rotor.

#1 The picture of the rotor is a rear.. in the description it states the auction is for a front.. even though he has specifically said examine the pictures closely, this is the actual rotor.

#2 As I read on, he states he is selling the rotor for another ebay member, and I can deal with either him or this other seller.

#3 Still no response from seller.

How do I get out of this deal? Just ignore it? I'm yet to run into such b/s on Ebay. This is why I usually research more, but like I said... I seen the auction last minute... plus it was a good deal.

This is the update