Kx400?

Didn't the big Kawis grow to be real kings of the desert? I seem to remember reading the tests of the day and how they were real desert racers. Not much for the woods or the supercross track, tho.

But then, the one you're looking at may be a bit earlier than that reputation.

I'd still go for it. A limited production vintage bike? How cool is that?

Like you said in your other post: you like tinkering and resurrecting old 2-strokes, so I'm sure you have the capability...

I'd go for it. Good luck, and keep us posted.

Got any pix?

Kirk

The big bore Kawis were pretty rare then, and even more so now. Going for a vintage bike, unless you have a specific desire ( I wanted/had/blew up one of those in 198X), the rule for me is parts availability. If I have a 27 year old bike, can I get parts for it? I don't run a museum, everything get dirty but my wife.

Aaahhhh, don't listen to those naysayers! With ebay and a little patience, you can get just about anything for any bike! :confused: Maybe with a little horse-trading, maybe with a little backyard mechanic-ing... :excuseme:

'course, if all you can do is run down to your friendly OEM dealer to buy every little thing, well, maybe this vintage thing isn't for you...

Hope nobody takes offense. :excuseme:

Kirk