I have a dim headlight on dr350

Any one know where to look for the problem? How to test things like stator or regulator?

Any one know where to look for the problem? How to test things like stator or regulator?

Both high and low beams?

If you have a VOM I'd test battery voltage with the bike running. With it idling check your voltage and then rev the engine up a ways. You should see voltage increase to around 13.6 or a bit higher... of course even a bad cell in your battery will draw down the voltage that you read at the terminals. Be sure to check and clean all of your battery cable connections... including the ground cable connection to the frame. (as in remove the connections and clean the terminals where they make contact with the battery, frame and main breaker or solenoid. After that if you are not seeing a rise in voltage check your stator/rectifier according to your (or a) manual. Good luck! :confused:

Did all the dr 350's have a battery?

Slam, tell us what kind of DR350 you have. Dirt only model or Dual sport?

Electrical systems are completely different on the two types.

We all do. What's your point?

Mind you if you need to use a flashlight to see if it's on then I suppose you have an issue.... :confused:

If this is a street model then it's just possible that your battery is finally giving up the ghost. If the battery is low it'll clamp down the system voltage and cause a dim light. Get a meter and check the battery voltage both not running and switch off, again but this time not running and switch on so the light is burning and then with it running and revving to around 3 to 4000. Get back to us with the readings and we can tell you more about the condition of your systems.

and somebody switched it to a dirt model. There is no headlight switch or high low beam switch. I may have to get a wiring diagram and start from scratch.