Mods for 05 CRF250X

Just bought a CRF250X and I was wondering what are some good mods to make to it. The bike is bone stock, I've heard a couple things about cutting the air box? And the Pink wire? I was thinking about putting on a slip on exhaust first. Will the bike need jetted? Please let me know what mods to do. Thanks:excuseme:

Yep it will need rejetted i would start with a 42 pilot and a 162 main, open up the air box, for starters IMO...........Brent

What do I do to open up the air box? Does a slip on make any difference on an X? How bout a full exhaust? I dont want to take away all the bottom end. Just would like some more go. Thanks for the help so far.

Keep in mind doing some of the mods and required jetting, will kill your fuel range. If that matters? nobody mentions it so thought I would.

I'm not worried about fuel I just want to add some performance to my bike. I'm looking into putting on a reg CRF exhaust or an after-market exhaust.

I personally like my fmf titanium but there are lots of good pipes out there, rick ramsey has a good pic of the opening on the airbox or if you like i can get you a pic of the top and sides of mine this weekend...........Brent

I'm not worried about fuel I just want to add some performance to my bike. I'm looking into putting on a reg CRF exhaust or an after-market exhaust.
Read the stickey at the TOTP of this forum, it will answer all your questions.........:confused:

The pink wire should give the bike a little bit more "kick". Just remove it and tape it.

Of all obove mentioned ,I think your pipe is the least important mod you need to do. Its the airbox and jetting that are going to let your bike ripp.The rest is all little steps with little gains here and there. Ap mod , pipe ,cam , hc piston, pink wire etc......