Sign in to follow this  

Can i get some of you carb settings ktm250sxf

fouled another plug today and im wondering if my jetting is off.

3rd clip, red jd needle

main jet 170

starter jet 85

pilot 42

1.50 turns out.

Four strokes aren´t prone to fouling plugs. Maybe there´s something else going on ?? Your jetting doesn´t sound too rich anyway :confused:

fouled another plug today and im wondering if my jetting is off.

3rd clip, red jd needle

main jet 170

starter jet 85

pilot 42

1.50 turns out.

If I were you, I would buy the JD Je tKit and do evreything the kit telsl you to do. You are obviously not very savvy, so I would listen to experts and not as karound and geuss what settings to run. It''l just save you some time and headaches

Four strokes aren´t prone to fouling plugs. Maybe there´s something else going on ?? Your jetting doesn´t sound too rich anyway :confused:

^^^ yeah what he said, four strokes don't foul plugs unless there is some other issue brewing, maybe something to check into.

Good Luck:thumbsup:

Is it bogging out or anything? What are the symptoms besides fouling plugs? I'm guessing if it's fouling plugs then it isn't running awesome either..

fouled plug on my bike, it would just back fire and not run. or idle for a full 3 seconds

and I HAVE A JET KIT BUT I LOST THE SHEET FOR MY BIKE... DOES ANYONE HAVE A KTM250SXF JD INSTRUCTIONS SHEET!!!! ANYONE

fouled plug on my bike, it would just back fire and not run. or idle for a full 3 seconds

and I HAVE A JET KIT BUT I LOST THE SHEET FOR MY BIKE... DOES ANYONE HAVE A KTM250SXF JD INSTRUCTIONS SHEET!!!! ANYONE

Mail JD directly. He is a supernice and very helpful guy,you´ll see. He knows jetting /jetting problems inside and out. Here you go ; jdjetting@comcast.net

hondarider192 PM me and I can send the Jd jetting instructions in a PDF format. You can also change your plug to a NGK Iridium plug if you dont like the dual ground type. The cr9ekb plug is crap if you ask me. The plug gap is very inconsistant, plug gap should be .60mm (.023in) and when I measured 6 different plugs the gaps varried from .020in to .040in. The plug gap on the dual ground plugs cannot be adjusted. The Iridium plug is a CR9EIX ,the only difference is it needs a plug nut to work with your spak plug cap.

hondarider192 PM me and I can send the Jd jetting instructions in a PDF format. You can also change your plug to a NGK Iridium plug if you dont like the dual ground type. The cr9ekb plug is crap if you ask me. The plug gap is very inconsistant, plug gap should be .60mm (.023in) and when I measured 6 different plugs the gaps varried from .020in to .040in. The plug gap on the dual ground plugs cannot be adjusted. The Iridium plug is a CR9EIX ,the only difference is it needs a plug nut to work with your spak plug cap.

Interresting ... I may just try the Iridium on my 450 SXF !