My Winter Project (actually Spring now) Part II

Well, the cr is finished for now. I am getting some radiator guards, but other than a bit more break-in, I'm finished.

So, it's time to start on the WR. This will be a much less intensive project, but none the less, my next project. Here's the list of too do's:

- Full on cleaning (didn't get cleaned after the last ride do to a broken ankle)

- Fork cleaning (full disassembly)

- New spark plug

- New air filter

- Oil change

- Washer thing by the front sprocket that is bent

- New radiator guards

- New aluminum handle bars

- If I have time, and decide to brave it, check the valve clearances

- Various other items as identified

Anyway, here's a few pictures as it stands now. Just got it ready for the cleaning tomorrow. Hope to have most of it done by the end of the weekend.

CIMG1105.jpg

CIMG1106.jpg

CIMG1107.jpg

Couple more:

CIMG1108.jpg

CIMG1109.jpg

Looks like a fun project.

I see that the ol Miller is helping ya get her done too :confused:

Here I am Matt...show me the magic! :confused: Still can't wait to see the CR! Hope everything goes according to plan on the WR!

Thanks guys! I find that two things help out with these projects.

1 - Taking pictures and posting them. This way, I get to talk about it with nice folks like you, but also get to see the progress myself, as well as have a detailed timeline on how long it is taking me. Just in case I start slacking! :confused:

2 - Ol Miller Lite. There's just some thing satisfying about having a beer while doing a manual labor project. Being a desk jockey all day makes working with your hands and a physical project all the more satisfying.

More to come, hopefully tonight!

Had an appointment I almost forgot about yesterday, so I didn't get any work in, but got some progress today.

Here's some before cleaning:

CIMG1110.jpg

CIMG1111.jpg

Some after:

CIMG1113.jpg

CIMG1114.jpg

CIMG1116.jpg

CIMG1117.jpg

Here's how I left it for the day:

CIMG1124.jpg

CIMG1125.jpg

CIMG1127.jpg

Finally, the project for tomorrow:

CIMG1123.jpg

Didn't get to the forks today. The Flatlander radiator guards and handle bars came in so I worked on those. I also got the airbox cleaned out, airfilter cleaned and lubed, and a new spark plug put in. Here's a few pictures.

CIMG1129.jpg

CIMG1130.jpg

CIMG1135.jpg

CIMG1134.jpg

And a few more:

CIMG1136.jpg

CIMG1139.jpg

CIMG1140.jpg

that thing is fresh

I bet your valves are factory tight.

The paint isnt even worn off the frame

that thing is fresh

I bet your valves are factory tight.

The paint isnt even worn off the frame

Yeah, I'm debating on whether or not I should check them (never done it before). I got it last summer off a guy that bought it to ride with his son's but they lost there riding sport shortly after getting bikes. Only had a 120 miles on it and has less than 700 miles on it now.

With a trip to our friends house for Easter, I got a ton of stuff done and except for a possible new jet, the wr is ready for action! Here's what I did today.

- Pulled apart the forks, cleaned and reassembled

- Cleaned and lubed the front tire/rim

- Installed the front end

- Installed a new 13t front sprocket

- Cleaned the chain

- Cleaned and lubed the rear tire/rim

- Changed the oil

Here's a few pictures, didn't take many today. Just wanted to get it done!

CIMG1144.jpg

CIMG1145.jpg

CIMG1148.jpg

CIMG1149.jpg

Here's a final picture of both the boy ready to rock! Just waiting on some warm weather, the ground to thaw and the mud to dry up... :confused:

CIMG1150.jpg